• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Wanted 413-426 wedge pistons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceedawg

Local time
11:11 AM
Reaction score
Used or new sets, prefer 426 flat tops but I’ll look at any that’s out there.

A possible option that I seen discussed not too long ago was to use domed hi-compression pistons from a 383 (4.25 bore) mopar, you would have to calculate compression ratio to see if that would work for you depending on what heads you are using, also with this setup you most likely wouldn't have any quench effect.

A possible option that I seen discussed not too long ago was to use domed hi-compression pistons from a 383 (4.25 bore) mopar, you would have to calculate compression ratio to see if that would work for you depending on what heads you are using, also with this setup you most likely wouldn't have any quench effect.
Yes that could work but NHRA wants an approved number stamped in top. I could do that too if I have too. I’m sure they’re have no clue

~.100" difference in the compression height.... Maybe work if you went with stock HEMI length rods instead of LY's (RB)??? Wont help with tho I'm sure.

Used or new sets, prefer 426 flat tops but I’ll look at any that’s out there.
I've got a set of 8 used standard bore (4.25) 426W flat top pistons (3418230) from a 65 dated block. They are currently attached to the stock LY rods (1851535) with caps. I'm asking $500 for the piston set and $200 for the rod set, plus shipping.

I've got a set of 8 used standard bore (4.25) 426W flat top pistons (3418230) from a 65 dated block. They are currently attached to the stock LY rods (1851535) with caps. I'm asking $500 for the piston set and $200 for the rod set, plus shipping.
I’ll weigh this price against a new set, then let you know.

I have a set of orignal mopar trw style std bore low dome 426 pistons $150
Great got a pic of them? Do they have the TRW number on top? Exactly what I need. Send me a personal message please and I’ll give my text number

Back in the summer my buddy bought a complete 426 in pieces. It included BRAND NEW Jahns pistons. However, there was no info on the box as to their compression, etc. and they're so old that Jahn's couldn't tell us anything from the numbers on the bottoms of the pistons. In the end he didn't use them. Are they something you'd be interested in? I can get photos and measurements if so desired.

Back in the summer my buddy bought a complete 426 in pieces. It included BRAND NEW Jahns pistons. However, there was no info on the box as to their compression, etc. and they're so old that Jahn's couldn't tell us anything from the numbers on the bottoms of the pistons. In the end he didn't use them. Are they something you'd be interested in? I can get photos and measurements if so desired.
Yes that would be great too. The pistons have to be stock or stock replacements flat tops that would be normally in the 426 wedge engine. What are the heads

Yes that would be great too. The pistons have to be stock or stock replacements flat tops that would be normally in the 426 wedge engine. What are the heads
Sent you a PM

It included BRAND NEW Jahns pistons. However, there was no info on the box as to their compression, etc.
I actually have a set.... Don't know if it helps anyone, but the Cat # for mine are 8-1123HRP030. Full set, 30 over flat tops...they are forged.

I actually have a set.... Don't know if it helps anyone, but the Cat # for mine are 8-1123HRP030. Full set, 30 over flat tops...they are forged.
I’m looking at all prospects

I’m looking at all prospects
Those Jahns I have are 30 over and not for sale.
I do have an original set from a street wedge that are standard bore....they are knurled and look to be rather lightly used after that....no idea what kind of total mileage is on them, but I would let them go cheap, as I have no plans for them.

Do u think u could still get those photos. Maybe some messurments of the piston itself

Those Jahns I have are 30 over and not for sale.
I do have an original set from a street wedge that are standard bore....they are knurled and look to be rather lightly used after that....no idea what kind of total mileage is on them, but I would let them go cheap, as I have no plans for them.
Your mail box is full

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back