• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted: 64 Polara Jack Assembly Info.

Sixpaksteve

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
I'd appreciate it if any Members owning a '64 Polara with the correct Jack Assembly in their car could provide me with the following information:

1. Length of the Mast
2. Jack Hook part number

Looking at the Nick's Garage site [http://www.nicksgarage.com/jacks.htm], he lists 3 different Hook part numbers for the 1964 B Bodies so I think it's reasonable to assume that there are differences between all 3. His webpage also says (to Nick's credit) that his information may not be 100% correct, so I'd appreciate anyone here who can confirm [or correct] his information.

The attached pic shows the components of a 64 Polara Jack Assembly but the shape of the hook in the photo might not be right. Thanks!

64 Jack Assy.JPG

looks exactly like my 63 polara

According to Nick's website, your hook should be #2266627 and the '64 hook is a different number. There are no pic's of a '64 Hook on Nick's site so I can't say if they're the same except for a part number change or not.

I just sent photos to Nick to add to his site for p/n 2460148, 1964 Plymouth b body, except station wagon which would be different. The Dodge p/n for 1964 b body is 2460149 and I believe identical in shape, fit and function of the Plymouth hook, only difference being the part number.

The mast I have and I believe it to be correct is 34" long. Could not find a part number on the base. (probably too generic and used on multiple vehicles)

Hope this helps

Good Luck

Dick

Good afternoon Dick and thanks for responding to my post.

I'd like to see a pic of a 2460149 Dodge Hook just to prove that they do in fact exist. Lol! I've passed up a lot of the '64 Plymouth hooks for sale at Carlisle over the last couple of years, assuming they were different than the Dodges.

I'll go with your 34" mast measurement unless someone can convince me otherwise - thank you. Your rational re the lack of a P/N on the bases makes sense to me, but why wouldn't that same logic apply to the '64 hooks? If there was no difference between them, why not use just one part number that year? :)

Dodge, Plymouth & Chrysler are all separate divisions and don't share part numbers-maybe some exceptions ?. It also gave the seperate divisions autonomy to source parts from different vendors. Example: The jack base could be shared on many different models A,B & C bodies. Only variable would be the mast length & hook which would be bumper style specific. The bumper style would require a specific hook design. If you look at 64 Dodge Polara bumper compared to a 64 Fury bumper they are almost identical.

I also looked all over the place for 2460149 without success. Searched old wrecking yards, Ebay, Mopar forums, Wildcat Auto Wrecking (mopars only) is fairly close to me and they had no clue either. The 2460148 Plymouth hook fits my Polara bumpers just fine so that's why I gave up and stopped searching.

Some of this stuff just drives you nuts trying to figure out what and why they did things back in the day.

Anyway,

Good luck on your car build.

Mine is nearing completion just needs to get out of body/paint shop jail. 64 Polara 2dr hdtp, 500hp 440 8 barrel, 727, hemi scoop & go wing, car has lots of factory options, 87k orig miles. One owner, last driven in 1992. Was parked in a barn with 6 other cars when I found it in Oregon 2014.

Go wing? On a 64 Polara. Picture Please.

Just checked the jack that's on my big block, 4 speed '64 Polara 2DHT. This car was totally original and was a one owner when I purchased it. The jack hook has no part number on it. However, there is a stamped letter "A" near the top of the hook. The base has no part number anywhere, but it still has the sticker that says to use the safety info in the owners manual. Sorry I can't be of more help.

I'd appreciate it if any Members owning a '64 Polara with the correct Jack Assembly in their car could provide me with the following information:

1. Length of the Mast
2. Jack Hook part number
View attachment 551102

Steve
I have 2 64 Dodge jacks that I took out of original cars years ago. I believe these hooks to be correct being that they are both identical. All the parts are the same except the length of the masts, are a difference of 5/16".
1-Mast Length 1-33 5/16 2-33 5/8 64 Dodge T style 64 Plymouth Tube style jack
2-There is no part#stamped on the Dodge hook and it is a 2 stage hook.
DSCN1137 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1139 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1150.JPG
DSCN1156.JPG
DSCN1182.JPG

The pictures and literature above are from the 64 Dodge glovebox book.
NOTE
63 Dodge and Plymouth used the same jack. Hook#2266627
64 Dodge and Plymouth used different masts and hooks. Dodge Hook#2460149 and Plymouth Hook#2460148
65 Dodge and Plymouth used the same jack. Hook#2467951

Last edited:
Mr. Ply64post,

THANK YOU! so very much for responding to my post and also for providing the photo's and documentation. Pictures truly are 'worth a thousand words' in this case and you've clearly shown me (and likely a few other members here on B Bodies) what to search for in these '64 Dodge Jack Assemblies.

You mentioned at the top of your reply that you pulled 2 Jack Assemblies from 2 different cars. If you'd like to consider selling one of those Assemblies , please send me a PM.

But if you don't want to sell, then could you please take a center to center measurement for me between the 2 round 'pins' in the Dodge Hook? That measurement, combined with your photo's, will help me look for the correct part next July at Carlisle.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Steve

Here are pictures of 63 B-Body Dodge and Plymouth jacks.
They are as removed from the cars.

Jeff

DSCN1115 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1116 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1117 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1118 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1119 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1120 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1131 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1133 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1136.JPG

Here are pictures of 64 B-Body Dodge jack.

Jeff

DSCN1137 - Copy (2).JPG
DSCN1137 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1139 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1140 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1151 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1152 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1153 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1156.JPG

Here are pictures of 64 B-Body Plymouth jack.

Jeff

DSCN1160 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1161 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1162.JPG
DSCN1163 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1165 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1173.JPG
DSCN1175 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1177 - Copy.JPG

Here are pictures of 65 B-Body Dodge and Plymouth jacks.

Jeff

DSCN1185 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1186 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1187 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1190 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1192 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1196 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1201 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1205 - Copy.JPG

I just sent photos to Nick to add to his site for p/n 2460148, 1964 Plymouth b body, except station wagon which would be different. The Dodge p/n for 1964 b body is 2460149 and I believe identical in shape, fit and function of the Plymouth hook, only difference being the part number.

The mast I have and I believe it to be correct is 34" long. Could not find a part number on the base. (probably too generic and used on multiple vehicles)

Hope this helps

Good Luck

Dick
I have 2 complete jack assembly's one from a 63 dodge measures 34.5 and one from a 64 dart measures 33.5.

Great pictures and Post ply64post.....

Auto Transport Service
Back