• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted Big Block 915 Heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

perfweld

Local time
10:06 AM
Reaction score
I need a set of Big Block 915 heads with 2.08 / 1.6 valves. Im looking for a nice set of unmolested heads, no port work, no pounded seats, no cracks. Im building a new NHRA Stock Eliminator Combo and am looking for a truly nice set of stock heads. If you know what your looking at, and have a set please contact me. I can not use a set of heads that arent real nice, thanks in advance.

Thanks
Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a few emails from people already, thanks guys. But they have to be the early closed chamber 915 heads with the 2.08 / 1.6 valves. There going on a NHRA Stock Eliminator 1964 Dodge, and we have to run that particular head, there are no other choices. I cant use heads that the exhaust seats are pounded out from unleaded fuel, heads with any sort of grinding on them, or obviously cracked, or heads with big valves. I guess its like finding a needle in the haystack these days.

Thanks
Mark

I thought the 516 head was being used in 64?

Yes the 516 is actually the correct head, your right, and we can use that as well, but the 915 is a better head, and they let us use that, somehow NHRA let it thru. Those are my only 2 choices. I have a set of 516s, but want the 915s.

Thanks
Mark

You may not want to be too picky regarding heads that have had some porting work. EVERYBODY cheats in the stock eliminator class and most have ported heads that are then either acid treaded or lightly glass beaded to cover up what they have done.

Oh I know all about cheating, I have the current F/SA record holder @ 10.73 with a 69 Barracuda, was Rup at Indy last year in D/SA, and have been #1 qualifier many times over. The key is where to port, and how to get away with it . LOL

Mark

i have a few sets, matching, but bare, might have the valves and keepers i can check if you want? unless your looking for a set all ready to bolt on

I have a set off a 1965 383 engine. But I'm in NJ E-mail me an offer - or PM me!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a set coming, thanks guys for all your help. If these arent perfect ill be looking for more.

Thanks
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back