• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted: Pistol Grip shifter handle for 1970 Roadrunner, snap-in style

Status
Not open for further replies.

caveman85635

Local time
11:50 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have been looking for the correct pistol grip shifter handle, non-console, snap-in style, 1970 Roadrunner. My computer was down for a week and I missed out on the perfect deal.... http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...11-B-E-body-pistol-grip&highlight=pistol+grip
I am looking for something just like this.

Currently, I have a console pistol grip, but it's a little long for my taste, and my car doesn't have a console. If anybody is interested in a console pistol grip handle, PM me...Will consider a trade.

Thanks,
Dave

I have one like the one you posted the link to. That one is correct for 71-74 b-body and 70-74 e body. 99% sure mine is a bolt in, I say that because I like to mod the push in style to bolt on so it may have been push in. I will double check tonight. Can you get a picture of what you have? I am on the look out for the bench seat style.

I have one like the one you posted the link to. That one is correct for 71-74 b-body and 70-74 e body. 99% sure mine is a bolt in, I say that because I like to mod the push in style to bolt on so it may have been push in. I will double check tonight. Can you get a picture of what you have? I am on the look out for the bench seat style.

Cool. I don't want to have to drill the shifter to accommodate a bolt-in style only, and would just as soon use the push in style. I realize that the one you have isn't the correct one for a 70 RR, but I'll rather have one that is too short than too long...I won't be able to get a pic of my shifter handle until tomorrow...I will see if I can find a pic of it in my archives, too. If I do, I'll post it tonight.

Yep, mine is a bolt on. Comparing mine to the one that was for sale, looks like maybe drilling another hole in the handle and it would work for a slip in. I am not sure though.

pistolgrip1_zps40ea3e75.jpg

pistolgrip2_zpsc314083c.jpg

MNBiker, I can't get the pics to download to my computer. Something wrong with computer. But I can email you the pics if you want to send me your email in a PM...

Dave

Nice looking shifter. Guess I am looking for the flat bench seat style.

Nice looking shifter. Guess I am looking for the flat bench seat style.

Sorry for taking so long to respond...

Okie doke, that's fine...My RR came with a bench seat, but I sure don't know what happened to the original shifter handle...

Are you still interested in selling the pistol grip you have? It's a little bit shorter than the '70 B-body, but it will work for me. I'm desperate for a shorter throw!

Sorry, now I am the slow one! I am not 100% sure that drilling the extra hole will make work for a push in style. Maybe someone in the know could help out? I had this in my 93 Dakota for a number of years and recently sold the Dak. The top bezel popped off one day and I use silicone to glue it back on, just so you are aware of that. If you want it how about $55 shipped?

If you are referring to the one I had, caveman did buy it, but it didn't work out for him so he he may be willing to sell it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back