• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanting to change to Tan from Black

69ChargerR/TSE

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:07 PM
Reaction score
My car is a Real RTSE and a previous owner along the line, put black SE interior in my 69.
It’s originally a CRT coded Saddle tan.
Id like to switch it back.
Preferably the correct way. Unless I really need to repaint items that aren’t reproduced in tan.

I would be willing to trade or sell the parts that are reproduced in tan.

Anyone have any 69 Tan Charger parts?

Thank You

IMG_2315.jpeg

IMG_2272.jpeg

IMG_2271.jpeg

IMG_2270.jpeg

IMG_2269.jpeg

IMG_2268.jpeg

Last edited:
If you are going to do this 100 percent correct the dash frame needs to be repainted and everything from the headliner to the carpet, front window to the back window along with seat belts and all the other do-dads will need to be changed of painted. Tan is also not easy to come by. I went from tan to black so I know what I needed to do. Most of all my tan parts were pretty roached out. What was usable I re-colored them Black.

Looks like you have a leather interior? You'll need a water-based color, along with an adhesion promoter, and slip agent for the leather, and a solvent base for everything else. You'll have your work cut out for you for sure! Good Luck

Iv spend good money looking on eBay for dash pads in tan. The hunts on, it takes time to get Nos parts. Good luck. Only reason I had to is when I younger changed everything to black and regretted it. To get the correct tan dash pads alone spent 2k on someone selling them nice as hell. But also spend couple k on bad looking ones at first. Now I have Just dashes brand new black ones all redone that cost me 4k. Talk about loosing my ***. I should have spent more time thinking about my project at first before doing what did.

Last edited:
I had a '69 Charger many moons ago and it had the tan interior .....and the Gold/Tan seat belts. Still have the rear seat belts in a box as they were a mystery at the time fitment-wise. I often thought about trying to buy that car back again..

I had a '69 Charger many moons ago and it had the tan interior .....and the Gold/Tan seat belts. Still have the rear seat belts in a box as they were a mystery at the time fitment-wise. I often thought about trying to buy that car back again..
I’d love the rear belts

I don't know... except for that color on the lower door sill, your interior looks awfully nice to me !

Auto Transport Service
Back