• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Movies - What are the Best ?

All where good but one not said is one of my favorites “Shenandoah” with Jimmy Stuart

Lots of good war movies but one of my favorites is Kelly's Heroes. It's kind of an anti war movie but still funny.

Well all the good ones have been mentioned, so how about this one
:rofl:

34570DC9-6E95-4683-BFCF-B42DA23059AE.jpeg

I know it’s a little annoying, but it’s a really good movie
:thumbsup:
Already suffer from ADD or whatever the hello it's called. Trying to read anything where there's the least bit of distraction and I'm done.....trying to read subtitles and watch the action too....I'm really cooked lol.

I didn't see:
The Deer Hunter with Christopher Walken perhaps my favourite actor

I didn't see:
The Deer Hunter with Christopher Walken perhaps my favourite actor
Well thats one worth seeing... Just don't do it with someone who's been through it.... LOL... When I was in the Navy (around 1979) The Deer Hunter was played aboard ship one night in the mess deck... Most of the guys who were stuck on board were in the mess deck watching it... I had the roving watch so couldn't.... One of the older guys (Probably early thirties, seemed old at the time lol) Had served in Vietnam as a Marine & obviously had seen some action.... Well watching the movie triggered a reaction from him & he wound up beating the crap outta five guys & later had no recollection of it..... I hope Guog got past his demons..

Deer Hunter had some scenes filmed about 20 minutes from me.

Midway was a great one
Totally agree there.....watched Midway two weeks ago.

Also recommended are; American Sniper, Blackhawk Down, The Great Escape

I watched The Guns of Navarone last week, and it was total crap. Not even the cast could pull that script together. :rolleyes:

Hacksaw Ridge, true story and earned the soldier the Medal Of Honor. Excellent film and story.

008F6BD0-9C28-4977-8CAF-ED42F526C74B.jpeg

Last edited:
Zero dark 30, seal team 6, and 13 hours, secret soldiers of Benghazi. Just a few I thought were pretty accurate, enough I was up all night.

Auto Transport Service
Back