• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Movies - What are the Best ?

Kalashnikov
Was an interesting one. Voices don't match, but it was good.

The Patriot with Mel Gibson

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Heartbreak Ridge
Kelley's Heroes

Can you tell I'm a big Clint Eastwood fan?

This one is a good one too. Did you know Don Rickles was a submariner?
1944-46, USS Cyrene. Seaman 1st class. :usflag:

0501512A-5F09-4C38-8DD8-0D2454794B5F.jpeg

The Navy has some weird names for rank!

The Navy has some weird names for rank!
What’s long, hard, and full of seamen?

A submarine!

:lol: . I know that’s a crappy joke, but yes they do, almost like Richard Cranium was in charge!

Then again have you seen their recruitment video?
(This is all a joke, I respect, and appreciate all the men and women who served.)

Surprised no one has mentioned:
Von Ryan's Express
The Sand Pebbles
Hell is for Hero's

I miss the days on TNT or TBS for Memorial Day/July4/Veterans Day that they played all the old classics all day long. Hardly ever see the classic war movies on TV anymore.

Von Ryan's Express
The Sand Pebbles
Hell is for Hero's

I miss the days on TNT or TBS for Memorial Day/July4/Veterans Day that they played all the old classics all day long. Hardly ever see the classic war movies on TV anymore.
Everyone is so fragile, it could injury their psyche...... I wonder what a real war here in the US would do to them........

Von Ryan's Express
The Sand Pebbles
Hell is for Hero's

Those were my favorite days, TCM would play the old black and white ones, AMC, TNT, TBS, would mix in all the other good ones.

I would spend all day watching them.
:usflag:

Favorite submarine movie is "The Enemy Below". It is more about nobility than violence.

One of the all time... Best years of our lives....
Love that movie, probably watched it at least six times. Harold Russell, a non professional actor, losing both hands while serving in military won an award for that movie.
F4376DC7-5A17-4416-972F-515502B2271B.jpeg

Love that movie, probably watched it at least six times. Harold Russell, a non professional actor, losing both hands while serving in military won an award for that movie.View attachment 1306839
I will have to find that movie.
I remember watching part of that movie many years ago

Tora, Tora, Tora !!
is one of my all time favorites
When Tora, Tora, Tora came to the local Theater it was in Sound Seround or Sound Surround, I though the Theater was going to fall down around us.
Pertnear all of the above Movies mentioned I have watch. I'd have to give a thumbs up to most all of them.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back