• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watch Counting Cars?

Budnicks,, You hit the nail on the head.. IT'S TELEVISION. Also it's LAS VEGAS and stupid money is thrown around here all the time. There is no rime or reason in this town and how money is spent. From the words of "Bruce Springsteen" 57 channels and nothin's on !!

Saw counting cars for the first time last weekend.
Might be the best one of these so far.

Saw fast and loud as well.
Seemed OK at the start, but then I realized, as pointed out earlier, that neither show takes labor into account, and anyone that knows anything about business knows labor is the #1 expense.

It surprised me that the fast and loud guys seemed to not really know the car market.
I could have told them 5K was way too much for 64 Galaxie, even a 390 4 speed, and they'd be lucky to sell for 10K even if shiny. I also know those Lincoln Marks ain't worth a lot either, although there does seem to be a market for them. They absolutely ruined that nice black one. "we don't want to send the wheels back...so we'll cut up the perfect quarters and redo the nearly perfect original paint (how much labor?$?)...and make the car worth less. It did look good, but if a 1" narrower whell would have solved the issue....

The counting cars el camino was probably the best and most realistic build, except at the purchase "supposedly rebuilt" was the engine description, but at the sale..."ZZ1 crate..." ??? WTF? Value on those el caminos (even the 80's) is strong, much stronger market than you might think.

remember this guy started on pawn stars and also so did ricks restorations, they are fun to watch but I don't take them seriously. to me the best one was overhauling.

remember this guy started on pawn stars and also so did ricks restorations, they are fun to watch but I don't take them seriously. to me the best one was overhauling.

I would say Ricks is the most realistic of the bunch.... just sayin'

Different show I think, maybe

Is this the same guy from Texas who was dancing like a bafoon at an auction and supposedly got $50k for an old ford f150 he redid in about 7 days? $50k from a phone caller yeah right lol his bud called up and tried to schill and they stopped at 50k lol he probably has that truck in a hidden garage somewhere.

The guy who drank Tequila thru his nose the danced around like an idiot..LOL... That green truck late 60's F-100 with a new modular motor & Shelby wheels ??, Frankenford/truck... That was Fast & Loud, I believe, not Counting Cars, the one he built, he lost money on the 2 tone blue & white 67 F-100 short bed he did, it sold for $35k, to a buyer & his wife who came out from New York or something, Danny/Count supposedly has $37.5k in it, "it wasn't done", when the people showed up to drive it back home, they made him eat some of the cost for that...LOL... :headbang:

All tv shows are made to entertain people. I watch this show to be entertained and put to sleep, nothing else.
Danny seems to be a real go-getter. Take a look at the link. appears to be a self made millionaire. My hats off to him. He pursued a dream and made it happen.
Would be nice if they did a little more fact checking on production numbers and number of surviving cars.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-businessmen/richest-designers/danny-koker-net-worth/

Auto Transport Service
Back