• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

water drain hoses for air cleaner base

dan juhasz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:13 AM
Reaction score
what is the correct type of hose that was used as the water drain tubes for the six pack base on the a12?

what is the correct type of hose that was used as the water drain tubes for the six pack base on the a12?
I always thought they were 5/8 heater hose with put with a different part number because it’s shorter. I’ll say this, that’s what I’m using on my 70 AG car

IMG_1394.jpeg

It was the same ribbed heater hose for the cooling system. No special stamping or numbers, just a piece of hose cut off the bulk roll.

It was the same ribbed heater hose for the cooling system. No special stamping or numbers, just a piece of hose cut off the bulk roll.
good, thats ok with me, I just figured it might be special .

That’s what I saw in yards in the day but thought I read too. Thanks R413

I believe that the later built 69 A12 cars had a molded 90deg hose on the rear drain to prevent water from being drained on to the starter relay. I don't have a pic at this time but I will search for one to post.

If you want the correct answer, use the A12Mopar site. There are numerous discussions regarding those drain tubes. Size, type, angle, length, etc.

I have a kit available that covers all the hoses for the A12 air cleaners. PM me here if you are interested.

D

I believe that the later built 69 A12 cars had a molded 90deg hose on the rear drain to prevent water from being drained on to the starter relay. I don't have a pic at this time but I will search for one to post.
NOPE!

We have been studying this topic for nearly a decade at the A12 Forum. The transition from straight to bent hose occurred somewhere around the first week of May 1969. This is as close as we can get the date with the data available.

If you have a TSB or other data available to support your reply, we would love to see it.

Thanks.

D

Auto Transport Service
Back