• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Water pump housing

Bill M

Local time
9:37 PM
Reaction score
Just became aware of a water pump housing available with the lower hose outlet on the passenger side.

Is there any down side to this?

Hard to see the timing indicator.

If your rad neck is on the left it will make installing the hose a bitch

If it's cast iron, it's heavy as hell.....o

If your radiator has the lower hose connection on the driver's side I'd consider that to be a little on the downside.

Lots of cars and trucks in the 70s had the passenger side location.

rotation of the engine might get better flow with the bottom hose on the drivers side was my thought.

i am stuck with a new radiator that has the lower neck on the passenger side. Upper is on the drivers side.

Looks like a combination to difficult sourcing for hoses, what is the key to finding these? Is there a way to calculate them like with fan belts?

Inlet on the passenger or driver side won't affect flow, that's in the design of the casting. You don't want a hose that has to cross sides, of course. I would think mid 70's B bodies should work for an inlet hose. Top - look at Dayco 70539 for a pass side outlet. Lower, maybe Gates 21034. I'm going by memory from a 74 parts car I had long ago, so look at pics first.

Here's my '74 400 RR.

vEFTAGLtHkARmUrZcbwykuf59BDIsMK8pIhNaBPnZInpxUqI7CV7jWAOky-Jwq7JtMMuzsQ=w1204-h903-no?authuser=0.jpg

thank you for all the responses.

How do you source correct rad hoes? when you can t go by engine and year of car?

Auto Transport Service
Back