• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

water pump housing

65hemi

Local time
3:07 AM
Reaction score
Looking for a new aluminum water pump housing. The MP housing is about $180-$190 depending on where you get it. The Mancini housing is considerably cheaper at $90. Anyone have direct experience with the Mancini aluminum water pump housing?

got several friends who have it from mancini and it seems to work well for them

haven't used the Mancini housing, but heard good things about it. On the other hand, I have heard multiple bad reports about the housing sold by 440 source. Seems the difference is their design is somehow different with a smaller hole somewhere. Mancini should be good to go.

Installed a Mancini housing on my 440 last summer. It was a great casting with no issues. I talked to Mancini and they said their housing is the same casting as the MP one but without the MP stamping on it.

If anyone wants a 440source housing/pump/water neck combo I've got one w/ passenger side exit that I was thinking about selling cheap...

Looking for a new aluminum water pump housing. The MP housing is about $180-$190 depending on where you get it. The Mancini housing is considerably cheaper at $90. Anyone have direct experience with the Mancini aluminum water pump housing?

Try 440Source! They Have An Aluminum Combo Water Pump & Housing For Right Around $100! Mancini Is Okay Too!

Got the mancini housing on my 512....Good quality, good price.

Here's a good article/thread for you on housings..

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,96616.0.html

Good enough for me Will and I read the article .. Mancini it will be. FYI folks, aluminum heads, 6 BBL (because that's what I'll be doing eventually .. more weight off for an aluminum 4 BBL intake), and water pump housing, plus moving battery to trunk is well over 150 lbs off the front of the car and is awesome for a boost in 1/4 time, but even more importantly for the street it will handle better getting the weight off the front end.

And I've been seriously thinking about doing a stroked 400 instead of a standard or stroked 440 to save even more weight but your recent HP/Torque monster numbers have thrown a wrench in there LOL!

Glad you enjoyed the article tallhair. Stroker eh? Looks like you and I both will need to buy stock in a tire MFG.lol

Auto Transport Service
Back