• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Waterless Car Wash research

I use this regularly for waterless cleaning. I always try to keep 2 or 3 bottles on hand.

Meguiar's Ultimate Waterless Wash & Wax, G3626, 26 Oz - Walmart.com

I use this on the matte black stripes on the RR because the above will leave marks, even after hand polishing. This leaves no marks.

Meguiar's G200924 Ultimate Quik Wax - 24 oz. - Walmart.com
I have like 4 bottles of this stuff right now because local walmart put it on clearance for $5.
now it is on their shelves again.... walmart.....worked out for me though!

I used it on my Dakota, and I have used it on my all black '13 Charger. Excellent product.
I used the quick wax on the Dakota, it did work as advertised but was not a long lasting product IMO. But regular application it sure is easy to use with a good result.

I use Ultra Luster. None of the drawbacks Dri Wash has.

Pls school me a bit on the drawbacks of DrI Wash? I had just purchased it on Bill’s rec- for my 68 X - really didn’t get to use it because I sold the car. But as I noted earlier I now have a car I want to use a premier waterless product on. I still have the Dri wash but if there’s something better I’m all ears.…

I‘ve read your link here - sounds quite promising. My new ride is a 2024 BMW and came with some sort of paint protective coating whereby they advised I likely wouldn’t need to wax the car for something crazy like 8 yrs. It was already on the car so I didn’t pay extra at purchase. It’s a carbon fiber black so I want to keep it pristine and am not allowed to do any washing at my assoc. Of course I can do this sort of detail work.

If you would prefer not to list price here pls pm me. Thx!

Last edited:
Pls school me a bit on the drawbacks of DrI Wash?
Dri Wash will spot if not wiped off before it drys on softer surfaces big time.
I was a fan until the person that turned me on to dri wash turned me on to Ultraluster which is an acrylic resin.

I use Ultra Luster. None of the drawbacks Dri Wash has.

[/URL]
I've sent two emails to Ultra Luster from their webpage asking about their leather product and comparable products to dri wash (are they like the ultra ion or classic dri wash?).

Never received a reply. I wonder if they are like the dti wash family owners and have decided to let the product die on it's own?

I’m now almost out of Driwash so I recently purchased a gallon + 16 oz spray of Ultra Luster. Haven’t used it yet but it also purportedly leaves an acrylic coating on the paint when all is siad and done. I liked Driwash - I sure hope I like Ultra-Luster even more … Will soon see.

Auto Transport Service
Back