• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Waterless Coolant

BahamaA12RR

Local time
8:14 PM
Reaction score
Has or does anyone use Evans Waterless Coolant?

www.evanscooling.com

Was thinking of using it in my A12 440 build.

Any opinions or observations?

Thanks, Joe

doubt you'll recoup much in the way of gas mileage so that's not a plus but the lifetime factor and i would imagine health of your cooling system seems like a big cost and reliability benefit especially for a car that is not daily driven and possibly stored during the winter. curious about the effect of higher operating temperatures on durability of the engine oil and then engine and performance as it appears this coolant increases operating temperature but i don't know by how much.

I seriously considered it on my stroker build. The reason I thought it might be a benefit is because their is NO water - there is no rust or electrolysis based corrosion. Lots of dissimilar metals in most builds too with aluminum heads, water pump and cast iron block. Figured that since everything was clean and un-corroded, why not keep it that way forever?

Eventually, the money didn't grow on trees though and I spent the money on go-fast or look cool stuff and went the traditional route. Also figured that you'd never be able to use the stuff at the dragway, then you'd have to dork around draining it and risk losing all the benefits.

The way I understand it - If you use it, the system is also essentially non-pressurized because the stuff doesn't reach its boiling temp. Imagine that? Taking off the rad cap after a run and having no pressure? I don't really see a need or benefit from the higher operating temp though. That benefit is mostly for long-haul truckers who save fuel by not having to run the cooling fan.

Auto Transport Service
Back