• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wax removal from organasol

Water under the bridge now I realize, but if I have to wax next to a matte finish, I tape up the edges of the stripe with a good quality masking tape. A little overhang (1/8") onto the paint helps as well.

Just to let anyone who has the same problem as I did. So far Armor All & a detail brush seems to work perfectly.

Chuck

Clean with a light mixture of dish soap and water. Use very soft brissle brush very lightly on wax or any real dirt that won't hose off. Use Stoner's "Trim Shine" spray to even the tones out and protect. Been using this on my AAR original Organisal paint finish for a long time. The less you have to touch that finish the better off you are. Being a laquer base semi-flat paint it does not age well.

I had a friend add the V21 style paint treatment (hood, scoops & cowl) to my car using gloss black paint.

05-06-2018 (3)-cropped.jpg

I sprayed the organosol stripe on my hood and it came out way too textured. I scotch padded the entire painted area and got it down to a nice texture, but it was gray instead of black. I said if I’m goi g to repaint it anyway, I might try some chemicals to see if that brought out the black color. I tried the reducer and it worked. Reducer should also remove wax (I haven’t tried it though), but it didn’t harm the organosol.

I use Meguiar's final inspection water less cleaner detail spray. Have used it for years on my cuda tail panel and shaker bubble to remove bugs dirt and waxes.

Auto Transport Service
Back