• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

We are getting HAMMERED!!!

cr8crshr

Local time
2:29 AM
Reaction score
Well, the Atmospheric River has entered into NV. Started about 3:30 AM this morning and has been coming down steadily. Supposed to continue without much letup through tomorrow night. Got plenty of provisions and booze so gonna hunker down and wait till it's over when the digging out commences. Never thought in my later years I would be dealing with this snow stuff as I did growing up but here I am. The beauty here in the mountains after one of these is amazing to say the least. And we need the snowpack and H2O out here as well...cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Ventusky - Weather Forecast Maps

Donner Summit...Caltrans CCTV Map

Truckee CA...Caltrans CCTV Map

Scales...Caltrans CCTV Map

7 degrees C. (45F.) in the sunshine here in Southern Ontario. Lingering snow is all gone. It's supposed to be sunny and unseasonably warm for the rest of the week. Yay!

We’re supposed to get snow later this week , but sunny here right now. Stay safe ! Remember keep hydrated when you drink :lol:

Well, the Atmospheric River has entered into NV. Started about 3:30 AM this morning and has been coming down steadily. Supposed to continue without much letup through tomorrow night. Got plenty of provisions and booze so gonna hunker down and wait till it's over when the digging out commences. Never thought in my later years I would be dealing with this snow stuff as I did growing up but here I am. The beauty here in the mountains after one of these is amazing to say the least. And we need the snowpack and H2O out here as well...cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Donner Summit...Caltrans CCTV Map

Truckee CA...Caltrans CCTV Map

Scales...Caltrans CCTV Map

I thank you for keeping it out there.

New Jersey may be a political, tax, and insurance hell... but in all honesty, weatherwise considering ALL-YEAR round conditions, can't really complain. At least in central and south jersey, NOT north.

IMG_4556.jpeg
IMG_4549.jpeg

Who doesn’t like playing in the snow?

7 degrees C. (45F.) in the sunshine here in Southern Ontario. Lingering snow is all gone. It's supposed to be sunny and unseasonably warm for the rest of the week. Yay!
Yup. Same for Minnesota. We've had a very mild winter to say the least. Not favorable to ice fishing.

I'm just waiting for the other boot to drop. Probably a brutal Spring. Lol.

Southern Nevada rain today,off and on for the next 5 days. Not to common for us.

The wind here is wild. It is perfectly calm for awhile, then huge gusts come through, then they are gone.
It reminds me of a thing my dad once said....
"It was so windy. I saw a chicken lay the same egg three times."

Last edited:
Oh man. Hopefully stays light. Heavy rain don't mix well anywhere really, but especially Nevada.
When we lived in Vegas any time it rained in the mountains there would be flash floods... These days an awful lot of homeless live in the drainage tunnels under Vegas... Hopefully they have been warned & found shelter elsewhere...

When we lived in Vegas any time it rained in the mountains there would be flash floods... These days an awful lot of homeless live in the drainage tunnels under Vegas... Hopefully they have been warned & found shelter elsewhere...
There are TV shows about them...

We had our obnoxious snow and sub-zero stuff a couple weeks back. Wound up sending the wife
to work in my Ram 4x4 and being stuck home with the newly-issued F250 work truck on the ridge
(that thing is worthless for traction, worst I've ever seen).
I spent most of that week working to try to get some of the almost 10" of snow off our gravel 1/4
mile and the county chip n seal road, not being able to "dig" of course with the blade...
Done with all that near and below zero crap, they can keep it.

This weekend? 50s and low 60s and pretty. I have what's left of the road fixed up and now need
about 40 ton of fresh gravel to re-skin it all.
Yeah, I'm done with winters. About ready to head to the desert SW.
Maybe I'll be one of those crazy old coots that wanders the desert and disappears one day....

We had our obnoxious snow and sub-zero stuff a couple weeks back. Wound up sending the wife
to work in my Ram 4x4 and being stuck home with the newly-issued F250 work truck on the ridge
(that thing is worthless for traction, worst I've ever seen).
I spent most of that week working to try to get some of the almost 10" of snow off our gravel 1/4
mile and the county chip n seal road, not being able to "dig" of course with the blade...
Done with all that near and below zero crap, they can keep it.

This weekend? 50s and low 60s and pretty. I have what's left of the road fixed up and now need
about 40 ton of fresh gravel to re-skin it all.
Yeah, I'm done with winters. About ready to head to the desert SW.
Maybe I'll be one of those crazy old coots that wanders the desert and disappears one day....
For years I've wanted to relocate the Knoxville, Maryville or some other town in southern Tennessee. I was under the false impression that since birds fly south for the winter that you guys don't get freezing temperatures. I was shocked and disappointed to see snow on the ground in measurable amounts and read the weather reports of near zero temperatures, if even for a short time.

For years I've wanted to relocate the Knoxville, Maryville or some other town in southern Tennessee. I was under the false impression that since birds fly south for the winter that you guys don't get freezing temperatures. I was shocked and disappointed to see snow on the ground in measurable amounts and read the weather reports of near zero temperatures, if even for a short time.
We're told it was a "90 year event". To be honest, it doesn't typically do much in the frozen death from above
category here in winter - we just get one every decade or so.
I think I've just reached the age where I don't have any tolerance left for any cold weather is all.

Auto Transport Service
Back