• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

We are getting HAMMERED!!!

I don't like it either. We get snow 90 minutes EAST in the mountains but rarely get below 28 here and even then it is only maybe two days of it.
What you stated is what I'm hanging my hopes on. (This weather being a one in 90 year event)
I love the greenery of your state, the absolute beauty that lasts more than 4-5 months a year like it does here.

Bill be like...

weather-snow.gif

I don't like it either. We get snow 90 minutes EAST in the mountains but rarely get below 28 here and even then it is only maybe two days of it.
What you stated is what I'm hanging my hopes on. (This weather being a one in 90 year event)
I love the greenery of your state, the absolute beauty that lasts more than 4-5 months a year like it does here.
That it does, my friend. Just getting harder to get to spring every year, I guess.

great you have enough food and such to be able to hunker down ! let it snow , stay warm and safe . snow melts and if ya watch it from a distance you rarely get hurt !!!

Stay safe in all that rain! This weekend here was the first nice SUNNY weekend we had here in about 6-7 weeks. No wind and upper 40's felt like spring!

For years I've wanted to relocate the Knoxville, Maryville or some other town in southern Tennessee. I was under the false impression that since birds fly south for the winter that you guys don't get freezing temperatures. I was shocked and disappointed to see snow on the ground in measurable amounts and read the weather reports of near zero temperatures, if even for a short time.
I live in SE Texas (ESE of Houston) and it freezes here pretty much every winter and some years we get hard freezes like we did 2 years ago....you probably saw the news where the majority of the state lost power. My power went down for 24 hours and almost to the minute. It took me 12 hours to get a replacement generator and was lucky to find one. I now have two of them! Was also glad to have some bottles of propane with a couple of the tank top heaters for the shop. Those came in real handy for warming up after helping my neighbor fix some frozen pipes.

great you have enough food and BEER to be able to hunker down ! let it snow , stay warm and safe . snow melts and if ya watch it from a distance you rarely get hurt !!!
a little more specific, if I may :drinks:

I thank you for keeping it out there.
For a while RC as it will be heading to you by the end of the week. Wish I could keep it from y'all, but as I routinely assert, Mother Nature is In Charge so my man-made efforst are nothing but futile...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

For a while RC as it will be heading to you by the end of the week. Wish I could keep it from y'all, but as I routinely assert, Mother Nature is In Charge so my man-made efforst are nothing but futile...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

It's going to warm up to the high 40's - low 50's & turn to rain when it hits us at the end of the week.

It's going to warm up to the high 40's - low 50's & turn to rain when it hits us at the end of the week.
Then better that than Snow!!! Today we are melting so that is a plus. The only good thing is that most of our snow here where I am at, the snow comes in heavy bunches, then normally melts off in about 5-6 days. We get through today, and then we begin to melt through the week...cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Up here on Lake Of The Woods Ontario it’s been hovering around 30 to 32°. We haven’t seen the sun for about four or five Days Way above seasonal temperatures. I have an oval race track and figure 8 race track in front of my house on the lake. there is usually three and 4 feet of snow at this time of year, I had a hard time trying to build banks on the race track for lack of snow. We would usually have three or 4 feet of ice at this time but anywhere on the lake now is only about a foot. i’ve been on a lake 32 years and I’ve never seen it like this, two years ago, we had so much snow I couldn’t keep up to the plowing, Manitoba and northwestern Ontario had major flooding that they haven’t seen since the 50s. From one extreme to another global warming as they say . thanks, Perry.

been real nice here in PA. even took the s/c out for a ride. this can't last tho.... we will get a good one before the end of april...

Yup. Same for Minnesota. We've had a very mild winter to say the least. Not favorable to ice fishing.

I'm just waiting for the other boot to drop. Probably a brutal Spring. Lol.
THIS.
I am just waiting for the 25" blizzard like we got a few years back like 2 months later then we should have. All it takes is for the arctic air to take notice of us one more time in lat Feb/early March and we are primed for another month of BS.
In like a lamb, out like a lion as the saying goes.

Power off for 25 hours in San Jose. Pretty rare for that duration. Gas stove life saver.

Auto Transport Service
Back