• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weiand Super Stock (six pack) intake value and info?

Sweet5ltr

Local time
8:35 AM
Reaction score
Found a very rare and very cool Weiand 6-pack intake manifold for sale at a car show I am attending. The intake is in fair condition, but is in great condition for being introduced the late 1960s. What is the going price? He stated he only wanted $425, but I am positive he doesn't know the rarity or he would want a fairly good bit more than that. I have seen them go for (by searching online) for $675-$1500. Honestly, I didn't know exactly the value until I searched on my phone at the show, and wanted to get a good opinion before making any offer. I thought they were rare, but didn't know they were only offered in the DC performance catalog for a few years. I went to the ATM to offer $380-$400 but the weather took over, and he is gone until tomorrow. Thanks for ANY input, and if you have any information about these, please let me know. I think it would look awesome and be a definite eye catcher under our six pack hood, and am willing to convert to a 3x2 setup for the install.

Picked the Intake up for a great price today. Under closer inspection, it looks as if it has never been touched. The "parts" gentleman stated that the individual he purchased it off of had bought it for his super stock car (when it was available in the DC catalog in 69-70'), but ended up running a different class and it has been sitting in the garage ever since. I'll take some pictures later this week, and if I end up going another route it will be for sale. The only one I have found was $1,000 on craigslist in the United States so they are obviously scarce. We went with a very large group of Mopar men and women, and they couldn't believe the price we purchased it for because the gentleman was wanting much more earlier in the week.

photo2-1.jpg

photo1.jpg

A picture says a thousand words! :headbang:

The only information I could find on this intake, was it was a two year 'Direct Connection Specialty Piece', that you could only order though your catalog in late 1969 through late 1970; designed to make the 440 6-bbl dominate in super stock. It was the best intake on the market for super stock, until they allowed the use of sheet metal style intake manifolds. This intake even still has the original rubber gasket. I bet I couldn't find one of those at my local parts store! ;)

I have an NOS one in great shape but didn't know they were only offered in 69 and 70. I thought they were available all through the 70's and maybe early 80's. Anyway, see my post on your other thread about the extensive modifications required to run this intake.

I have an NOS one in great shape but didn't know they were only offered in 69 and 70. I thought they were available all through the 70's and maybe early 80's. Anyway, see my post on your other thread about the extensive modifications required to run this intake.

I may be wrong, that is what I read on other forums! I don't have a DC parts catalog from the 70's to verify. Just the DC engine manuals.

I used to work for Rob Roth a former Chrysler backed racer who dug one of these out from a stash of parts he got from Paul Rossi and he called it a Rat Roaster, pretty cool if you ask me. Rossi used it in a super stock 70 Challenger I believe maybe a Cuda. anyway a very very cool piece.

Auto Transport Service
Back