• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welcome Wagon

Thank you 65Bel for the warm welcome. Have you ever been to Genoa? I think it's in Northern Illinois. Worked for a company called AG Communication Systems that was based there. Great company until communications giant Lucent technologies took us over and dissected us into nothing.

Nice collection.
Thank you YY1 for the warm welcome from Florida. Your four older vehicles all have A/C, that's pretty unique. My road runner has A/C but I'm not sure if the elephant transplant will enable me to keep it. I like the name White Zombie Express, does it have a secret meaning, or should I be shot in the foot for not knowing? I worked in Tampa a few times at the GTE offices (I Think). Fun times over there.

Welcome aboard!
Thank you for the warm welcome roadrunnerh (Harry). Do I have some typing to do with you...hope I don't run you off. In the late 1990's I worked in and all around Pittsburgh. I think we worked in the Bell Atlantic phone offices. Millvale, Swickley, and Oakmont are a few I can remember. Oakland had a giant phone office with an entire switch on each of the three or four floors. I stayed at Allegheny Center and we drank at all the bars on East Ohio street; Cindys, Park House, Peanuts, The Jazz Club. The supervisor always took us his favorite little bar called Mugshots in a supermarket strip mall. Iron City beer and Penn Dark is what we were drinking now that I think about it. Went to Fat Heads on the south Side. Primani Brothers where they put the french fries on their delicious steak sandwichs. Saw the Steelers at three rivers with Bettis The BUS. The fans tailgating in the parking lot were like nothing I have ever experienced. I think they started arriving on Friday night. We went to Clairton where the Deer Hunter was filmed. Was the movie Flashdance also filmed in Clairton? There was a bar called Bolos near the Allegheny Business mall and we'd go there almost every morning after worked when we worked there. Pittsburgh was an awesome city and I wanted to move there, but never made it.

Cool story Matt! Thanks for your service!
Thanks for welcoming me CudaChick1968. Glad you enjoyed my story, it's been a worthy life and hopefully I can get another 100,000 miles or more out of it. Is Mistress of Metal a reference to Heavy Metal? My first concert was AC/DC For Those About To Rock and it was all uphill from there. I will check out your company Phoenix Specialty Coatings.

Welcome from the central coast of Cal. Love The Green Machine! Grew up very near Pendleton.

View attachment 1556370
Thank you ckessel from the Central Coast. Is the picture you posted of the Central Coast? It's an incredible view. I spent a couple of years on Camp Pendleton. Was stationed at Camp Margarita and later at Las Flores. We'd all go to Hill Street on the weekends. There was a place called the Coronet News Stand just east of the Amtrack Station on Hill Street where I would buy all my magazines and comic books. Oceanside was the town, there you go. Dropped in there about 4 or 5 years ago and it has drastically changed. I might as well have been on the moon, because I didn't recognize anything. Do you remember that fast food spot just south of Camp Pendleton that sold 29 cent hamburgers? Great times!

welcome to FBBO nice looking fleet of mopars you have
Thank you for the welcome mr. b. I don't remember your town Jeannette, but worked all over Southeastern Pennsylvania in the late 1990's. We worked nights, so we'd usually end up eating at a chain restaurant called Eat n' Park in the early morning. Sometimes it was tough to order because we'd eat there so often, nothing appealed. We'd get lost sometimes looking for a phone office but somehow with the guidance of locals at service stations, we found the way. I really enjoyed the time I spent in Pennsylvania.

Welcome from AZ... :usflag:
69 Bee from AZ, thank you for the warm welcome. After thanking everybody across the country and around the world this evening, I can call you my neighbor. I'm a road runner guy until the second my heart stops pumping blood to the rest of my body. The bird won me over and it's been my number 1 ever since. I think the 1969 Super Bee is the most aggressive looking of all the B-Body vehicles. I've wanted to get a grill and headlight bezels to hang it on the wall. Maybe stick some headlights in there and make a front end out of Paper Mache.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras
Thank you Budnicks, for the NorCal welcome. You're just north in comparison to everybody else I thanked this evening. Do you by any chance know a guy, Jim V? He's up there, maybe west of the Sierras. I'll share my library dilemma with you. Had this super plan to build a shelf and put all my automotive books in the garage. Turns out there's too much junk in the garage so I dragged everything into the house for now. I'm still trying to make room to this day.

newwelcome.jpg
Always appreciative of our finest who step up and serve the country. :thumbsup:

68gtxman, thank you for the grand welcoming from the Garden state. Everybody is here...the donkeys are my favorite, and then the monkeys. Semper Fi
Of all the people who I welcomed, your “thank you” was the best. You must be a great guy Matt, for answering each person who welcomed you! Welcome again!
IMG_4422.png
IMG_4423.png
IMG_4325.png
IMG_4322.png
IMG_4324.jpeg
IMG_4323.jpeg
IMG_4317.png
IMG_2869.gif
IMG_3071.gif
IMG_3073.gif

Thank you YY1 for the warm welcome from Florida. Your four older vehicles all have A/C, that's pretty unique. My road runner has A/C but I'm not sure if the elephant transplant will enable me to keep it. I like the name White Zombie Express, does it have a secret meaning, or should I be shot in the foot for not knowing? I worked in Tampa a few times at the GTE offices (I Think). Fun times over there.

Well, it's white instead of red, and it probably shouldn't be alive, plus who doesn't love some Rob Zombie.

The first comp sports game I ever went to was paid for by GTE.

Tampa Lightning a couple years before the first cup.

Box with beer and pizza. Quite nice.

Welcome from Alabama, great to see your Mopars shaping up.

Thanks for welcoming me CudaChick1968. Glad you enjoyed my story, it's been a worthy life and hopefully I can get another 100,000 miles or more out of it. Is Mistress of Metal a reference to Heavy Metal? My first concert was AC/DC For Those About To Rock and it was all uphill from there. I will check out your company Phoenix Specialty Coatings.

It's a nickname I got from Rumblefish360 when he saw what I did with his intake manifolds many years ago.
Saw that tour at McNichols Arena in Denver -- those cannons OMG!!! But classic rock fuels me more than heavy metal.
I'm sure we'll get along famously.

Hey Matt, @HevyMetlMachine Sorry for the late reply, I've been staining wood around the house and haven't been on in a couple days. Wow, you sound like you know your way around Pittsburgh! I don't recognize some of the spots you mentioned, most I do. Have a great day!

View attachment 1557449
Always appreciative of our finest who step up and serve the country. :thumbsup:
Thank you for the warm welcome from Tennessee. I have never been there, but hope to visit one day. I knew a guy in my first unit in the Fleet Marine Force, when I was a green-boot. They would trick us new guys, ask us to get a box of Grid Squares, or a tube of Frequency Grease. Think he was from Sneadville Tennessee.

Auto Transport Service
Back