• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welcome Wagon

HevyMetlMachine

Local time
3:41 AM
Reaction score
Hello, B-Bodies ONLY.COM.

I gratefully joined your group today everybody, and am glad to be here. Been into B-Bodies and mopars for three plus decades. Helped my father with the family cars, and side jobs, and helping family members, but never envisioned having my own vehicle as a teenager. Walked everywhere with black Cadillacs, or hitched a ride on the RTD. Hitched a long ride with Uncle Sam before graduating High School and learned how to drive in the Marine Corps. Returned to the free world and became a gearhead and beer drinker in my spare time. Spent my professional life in the Telecommunications field. The 90's were great, everything automotive was affordable, it was there for the taking. My favorite local track was Brotherhood Raceway Park that we called Terminal Island. I spliced the telephone pole in front of "Big Willie" Robinsons house in the mid 90's as a contractor for Continental Cable. He had mopars side by side all the way down the driveway and densely packed as far as I could see. His Mobile Mopar Command Center was back there as well. Always said I was going to drop in on him, but never did.

Presently I have a 69 road runner and Valiant that are both inoperable. The Bird is getting a GEN II HEMI transplant. I should have bought a crate engine but found a path less desirable. The Valiant came to me as a shell, but I have almost everything to make it whole again. The little A-Body now has an 8 3/4 and will most likely get a 400 under the hood. My 73 Dodge Adventurer is a daily driver and will soon get a Gear Vendors unit. Just need the Bird back on the pavement so the truck can go under the knife. The road today is very uncertain, hopefully these vehicles will see the glory days I have planned for them. The Spectrum Cable Technician was here last week looking at an alternate telephone pole to feed my drop from. I offered him some telco tools I no longer need or use. He accepted a few things, and then I offered him a box of random stuff and told him I have nobody to give it to, maybe he could pass the stuff onto co workers. He replied that he'd gladly take the road runner and I told him to leave me his name.

I've stumbled on threads from this group in the past, but last night I was trying to identify the HEMI Main Caps I have. I think two of them are different and I'll have to buy a matching set like everything else in this Pandora's Box of elephant parts I purchased. Somehow B-Bodies ONLY.COM showed up on my search results and I had several moments of clarity reading about some of the obstacles I'm in for with the HEMI transplant. The one that rattled me the most thus far was the 426 HEMI VALVETRAIN GEOMETRY thread. I joined this group because I don't feel it's right to eavesdrop on your threads and conversations. If I'm a member hopefully I'll have the opportunity to contribute something helpful to someone, somewhere, sometime.

Cheers, Matt

IM004432.JPG

Valiant Mod.JPG

Road Runner Mod.JPG

Welcome aboard Sir, from the middle of the mitten.

Thank you for your service!

Welcome from CT. Don't get hasty with those main caps! The front and back are the same you need to figure which is which. You put the tang that holds the bearing in place on same side if parting is a perfect fit it's a match. The center cap is machined around bore easy to spot put the tangs same side and see if it's go in. The other 2 same process to figure which is which. Ask question by starting a thread .

Last edited:
Hello, B-Bodies ONLY.COM.

I gratefully joined your group today everybody, and am glad to be here. Been into B-Bodies and mopars for three plus decades. Helped my father with the family cars, and side jobs, and helping family members, but never envisioned having my own vehicle as a teenager. Walked everywhere with black Cadillacs, or hitched a ride on the RTD. Hitched a long ride with Uncle Sam before graduating High School and learned how to drive in the Marine Corps. Returned to the free world and became a gearhead and beer drinker in my spare time. Spent my professional life in the Telecommunications field. The 90's were great, everything automotive was affordable, it was there for the taking. My favorite local track was Brotherhood Raceway Park that we called Terminal Island. I spliced the telephone pole in front of "Big Willie" Robinsons house in the mid 90's as a contractor for Continental Cable. He had mopars side by side all the way down the driveway and densely packed as far as I could see. His Mobile Mopar Command Center was back there as well. Always said I was going to drop in on him, but never did.

Presently I have a 69 road runner and Valiant that are both inoperable. The Bird is getting a GEN II HEMI transplant. I should have bought a crate engine but found a path less desirable. The Valiant came to me as a shell, but I have almost everything to make it whole again. The little A-Body now has an 8 3/4 and will most likely get a 400 under the hood. My 73 Dodge Adventurer is a daily driver and will soon get a Gear Vendors unit. Just need the Bird back on the pavement so the truck can go under the knife. The road today is very uncertain, hopefully these vehicles will see the glory days I have planned for them. The Spectrum Cable Technician was here last week looking at an alternate telephone pole to feed my drop from. I offered him some telco tools I no longer need or use. He accepted a few things, and then I offered him a box of random stuff and told him I have nobody to give it to, maybe he could pass the stuff onto co workers. He replied that he'd gladly take the road runner and I told him to leave me his name.

I've stumbled on threads from this group in the past, but last night I was trying to identify the HEMI Main Caps I have. I think two of them are different and I'll have to buy a matching set like everything else in this Pandora's Box of elephant parts I purchased. Somehow B-Bodies ONLY.COM showed up on my search results and I had several moments of clarity reading about some of the obstacles I'm in for with the HEMI transplant. The one that rattled me the most thus far was the 426 HEMI VALVETRAIN GEOMETRY thread. I joined this group because I don't feel it's right to eavesdrop on your threads and conversations. If I'm a member hopefully I'll have the opportunity to contribute something helpful to someone, somewhere, sometime.

Cheers, Matt

View attachment 1556144

View attachment 1556153

View attachment 1556155
Welcome from NJ Matt!
IMG_3926.gif
IMG_3817.gif
IMG_3677.gif
IMG_3533.gif
IMG_3528.gif
IMG_3220.gif
IMG_3296.gif
IMG_3259.gif
IMG_2869.gif
IMG_3156.gif

Nice collection.

Welcome aboard Matt!
I, too, have a '69 Roadrunner and a Valiant(on steroids)

69 RR (2).jpg

Duster.jpg

Welcome from the central coast of Cal. Love The Green Machine! Grew up very near Pendleton.

IMG_3549.jpeg

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome aboard Sir, from the middle of the mitten.

Thank you for your service!
Thanks for the warm welcome builderguy. I was a radioman and our unofficial motto was, Talk about us, but not without us. You are very welcome, it was an honor to serve.

Welcome from CT. Don't get hasty with those main caps! The front and back are the same you need to figure which is which. You put the tang that holds the bearing in place on same side if parting is a perfect fit it's a match. The center cap is machined around bore easy to spot put the tangs same side and see if it's go in. The other 2 same process to figure which is which. Ask question by starting a thread .
Hello Fran Blacker, thank you for the warm welcome and advice. I needed a push start and you pushed me into motion. I took some pictures just a while ago to post on the Main Cap Conversation you initiated. I will try and post my pictures and findings by tomorrow evening. Thank you very much for your assistance and enthusiasm with my dilemma.

Auto Transport Service
Back