• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well fellas... lets hit the road!!

Vonzy797

Local time
8:29 PM
Reaction score
FINALLY. After all the busted knuckles and All the sweat (Texas heat) - and the $$$$$$.... finally got to drive my car. The brakes still have some air in them and I still have to wire up reverse lights and do a few other things, but I was able to take my girlfriend for OUR first ride in the bee. We had a blast! I wound up redoing the entire rear suspension - The ENTIRE brake system - almost the entire electrical system (I made the wireing harness myself...) gave the old 383 a pretty thorough tune up, rebuilt the carb, installed a new shifter and some gauges, a bunch of bearings and generally freshened it up. It hadn't seen the road in many many years. I still have a lot of work to do... but at least its finally down off the jackstands - and I was able to sweep the garage out lol. Thanks to all who have posted - I got a tremendous amount of info off this site. I made the hood as well, that took me a few weeks. Was able to score me a flat coronet hood off craigslist and glued and bolted on a fiberglass six pack scoop - went over with some bondo glass and then finished with regular bondo. It turned out pretty good! next I gotta get it inspected.... I have a feeling that could be a headache.

Attachments

• IMG_0762.jpg
    IMG_0762.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_0755.jpg
    IMG_0755.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_0763.jpg
    IMG_0763.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 396
  • me n bee.jpg
    me n bee.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 405
Nice B Body. Best color ever.

Very nice!!

Nice, I hope to get my 69 GTX on the road soon.

That is inspiring me to finish my Charger. Only need a couple of things to do like the electrical. But, the 67 Belvedere is needing to get on the road first. Then the INSURANCE!!!!!

Looks great ! Ron

Great job....great ride. :headbang:

Looks great and I love the color!!!

:congratualtions: Nice work!

Vonzy, your car looks great. That hood really came out good and I love that color, what a blast to drive around town in. Enjoy!

Awesome, congrats on getting it on the road. Love the color combo.

Auto Transport Service
Back