• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well my grandson brings a new meaning to defensive driving.

I think he was thinking ahead, pull the rest of the leafs away, a few concrete forms and it's ready to pour a new driveway. Did anyone thank him!! He's OK and this will make a great story that he'll share one day with his kids when he's showing them how to drive....... The stories we could all tell about how, stuff happens!! LOL

I think he was thinking ahead, pull the rest of the leafs away, a few concrete forms and it's ready to pour a new driveway. Did anyone thank him!! He's OK and this will make a great story that he'll share one day with his kids when he's showing them how to drive....... The stories we could all tell about how, stuff happens!! LOL
The differences through the years.
Age 13 I was hauling grain with the 1 ton Chevrolet from the combine to unload and run the auger.
But fast forward, our granddaughter started racing at age 13 in Junior Street Legal at our IHRA track. 1/8th mile. That was a few years ago, has won that class.
Now she has won the Street Legal Class also.

Last edited:

"Well my grandson brings a new meaning to defensive driving."​

Trees are pretty much defenseless.

"Well my grandson brings a new meaning to defensive driving."​

Trees are pretty much defenseless.
This de fence. Lol.
93F504C7-8DF1-4BCA-8A4B-C2FD817CCE95.jpeg

How times have changed. If that was me driving, my dad would've made me help him fix the fence and fix the car. Everyone makes mistakes but with adult privilege comes responsibility. My friends son (17) got into a minor car accident and everyone agreed not to pursue insurance and pay out of pocket. The parents paid for both cars to be fixed and that was the end of it. How times have changed.

Find a duel control vehicle for the next adventure in cruising. Glad you can laugh about it. After 2 "lessons"
I couldn't teach stepson to drive, I value my life. So sent him to driving school. Asked how it went, said not too bad if the teacher would stop screaming at him. This NO joke. There's more flunked 1st test, then 4 or5 accidents . He doesn't drive anymore thank GOD.

Last edited:
It is blatantly obvious that fence and those trees were about to attack him,he did what he had to do!

When I was teaching my daughter how to drive, I said to her take a right here,and with no attempt to slow down, she took a right turn! I turned to her and said OK Jeff Gordon, you can stop the car now!

It could have been a whole lot worse !
Next time! Hopefully there is no next time. Try to go between the trees. LOL!

I took my son and two of his friends to a local school parking lot,and taught all three of them to drive over several weeks time. I brought orange safety cones and they all learned how to parallel park properly too. All three of them passed their driving tests on the first attempt. It is always best that they learn where there is nothing around for them to hit. They all had their learners permits,so it was legal for them to operate the vehicle with me,a licensed driver in the vehicle. Busy body neighbors will call the cops on you for trying to teach them how to drive somewhere safe!

The first thing I learned how to operate was a push mower, then graduated to a Gravely tractor, then an old Farmall tractor, then a Massey Harris 50, then a Ford GPW[ jeep]. From there it was actual on road vehicles. When I got my license, I'd already been driving for a few years. Start off with something slow then move up.

I taught my sons how to drive by pulling over and saying "Okay, you drive!" My older son got the drive-or-die first lesson at 16 in my '96 Dodge D3500 Cummins 5-speed truck...now THAT was an experience! At least, it was in a very large parking lot without any real dangers. My younger son got his similarly, but in my old Ford F-350 4x4 Crew Cab Powerstroke. I said "Drive us home, Son, I'm tired!" and he drove the eight miles home pretty well. The older one is a pretty cautious driver these days, with 15 years of driving experience now. My younger is safe, but he takes chances I don't remember doing at 28!

My kids learned how to drive a go cart, boats, and snowmobiles before they got their permits.
Same as mine, except, wave runner instead of a snowmobile.. some of my best memories!

I took my son and two of his friends to a local school parking lot,and taught all three of them to drive over several weeks time. I brought orange safety cones and they all learned how to parallel park properly too. All three of them passed their driving tests on the first attempt. It is always best that they learn where there is nothing around for them to hit. They all had their learners permits,so it was legal for them to operate the vehicle with me,a licensed driver in the vehicle. Busy body neighbors will call the cops on you for trying to teach them how to drive somewhere safe!

I did that for both my step kids, their father didn't want them to drive because he was afraid he'd have to pay for it; also the 2 kids next door who lost their father to a drunk driver.......... they all parallel parked like a pro :steering:

The differences through the years.
Age 13 I was hauling grain with the 1 ton Chevrolet from the combine to unload and run the auger.
But fast forward, our granddaughter started racing at age 13 in Junior Street Legal at our IHRA track. 1/8th mile. That was a few years ago, has won that class.
Now she has won the Street Legal Class also.
My brother is 7 years older than me. When he was 15 he had a 50 Chevy, three on the tree. I was eight, would sit on his lap and steer and shift gears. He worked the clutch, brakes and gas. My first car was a 61 bubble top, again a stick. My son never learned how to drive a stick. Never even drove my viper, but we would go out and play hard with it, very hard. He drove 350 turbo coan built extreme transmissions with gear vendor overdrives. LOL

Next week he should practice in the RoadRunner Mike :poke: I will get these for you guys.
bell-motorcycle-helmet-rogue4.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back