• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well my grandson brings a new meaning to defensive driving.

Charles Cook

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:15 AM
Reaction score
Well that was a hell of a ride. That was fun from the passenger seat. Lol. Wow. Lots of learning has to go on here. Everyone is ok, that’s the main thing. All I can say is WOW what a ride. Yeeeehaaaa.

2ECA0CEE-1100-4643-8B39-4DF76B8585CF.jpeg

777426D4-4C6F-407F-8AFD-665041BED906.jpeg

3BDB7A8C-F7AD-4F15-BE51-E3012A1F88F5.jpeg

0300C4BE-B541-4235-B586-19C9CF36D9CA.jpeg

6104C594-138E-4C5A-995B-713CAFA5E965.jpeg

EEFC7032-18FE-4737-B3DB-3F13B0E81F42.jpeg

Good Lord. If that boy has a hard time keeping one of those on the road, make sure to
keep any real vehicles away from him for a while longer eh? :)

Good Lord. If that boy has a hard time keeping one of those on the road, make sure to
keep any real vehicles away from him for a while longer eh? :)
My damn wife is still laughing at the paint chips off the fence that were on my neck from having the windows down. Lol

Slap a fender, mirror, and headlight from a boneyard. Preferably, have him pull the parts and help install.
Jump back in the saddle!

He's now ready for that Roadrunner.

:lol:

Do the repairs include an 01 on the door and a flag on the roof?

What made him veer into the tree/woods ?
did something run into or across the road ?
did he lose control with all that FWD power :poke: ?
or did he just lose it, oversteer etc. ?

we need detail man, details :lol:

you both are OK, thats the main deal

he'd be wearing pouches & fixing that fence & then helping
do what is said above;
go get a fender, bumper & bumper cover & light assembly
from a recycling/wrecking yard, he can use it as a great time to learn
& you teach him...
Great bonding moment
does he have $$$/a job ?
maybe even have him be responsible
even if the insurance will "maybe cover it", it's a great lesson learned...

I'm sure he's a good kid knowing you/your posts... I hope

He’s a great kid. He panicked and over steered to the left with his foot on the gas pedal. This car was our practice driving car. So much for that. Lol. I didn’t fuss at him, I got the car out of the woods and we continued driving. Of course the tire was rubbing the inner fender but what the hell. His driving got better as we drove around the neighborhood. I bought a Mustang to give him for his birthday in June but that won’t be driven until he learns how to safely drive. lol the good thing is, we live in a rural area so we will continue to practice. I guess I need to get him in the Runner and pin his butt in the seat and show him how it’s done. Lol I have never driven recklessly with him in the car. So I will continue to work with him. This is the car I purchased for him for his birthday. Lots of work to do before June.

3ADA0CD9-810A-43E2-82C3-216691F4B43C.jpeg

2512C3F6-D143-4CFA-ADA5-BE7B09530322.jpeg

One of my kids did something similar during first on the road driving school extravaganza with the wife. For some unknown reason turned right off the road went over a curb and destroyed two aluminum rims and two tires on the wife’s new Toyota.

My son pulled out in front of a speeding motorbike.....creamed the rear of the car.....but I had it fixed up.
Valuable lesson learned.

Auto Transport Service
Back