• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

We're having a glazed donut party

SteveSS

Local time
5:11 AM
Reaction score
I bought a dozen cheap day-old glazed donuts at the store. I fed a few to the Newfoundlands and threw a bunch out for the birds since we have snow covering the ground. It took the Magpies 5 minutes to find them and another 5 minutes for the Stellar Jays to show up. There must be 25 of them out there right now having a big party tearing them up!

Magpie.jpg
Stellar Jay.jpg

They say the Corvids (Magpies, Crows, and Ravens) have the intelligence of a 7-year-old human. The female Jays seemed to be the bravest.

They say the Corvids (Magpies, Crows, and Ravens) have the intelligence of a 7-year-old human. The female Jays seemed to be the bravest.
What's cool about crow's is you can observe a handful pecking at the ground searching for food, and you notice a few in high positions in " overwatch"

I've seen documentaries where crows surround a crow that has died. It's almost like a funeral.

My friend gets pulled over by the Police. The officer says to him, "Your breath smells like alcohol. I think you have had too many drinks." My friend answers, "Your eyes look kinda glazed. I think you have had too many doughnuts."

Crows in upstate N.Y. used to follow me around when I was mowing the fields. They would come in and pick off the mowed rodents and large insects. The crows were leery of me at first, but after a year or so they wouldn't fly off to nearby trees until I was quite close (100') to them.

They would wake us up on Saturday mornings right outside our open windows. Quite vocal little devils with their chatter and warbling. Maybe they wanted me to come outside and mow?

Belt buckle and statues:
IMG_20230325_142619033.jpg
IMG_20230325_142722849~2.jpg
IMG_20230325_142839134~2.jpg

Crows may be smart but they seem to get hit by trucks. The watch crows can only say, "Cah!".

Auto Transport Service
Back