• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WESTECH PERFORMANCE GROUP TUNE TO WIN-A/F vs TIMING

moes

Local time
7:42 PM
Reaction score
Very interesting, worth watching

I'm no carb expert. I can tell you if it's too lean it'll misfire. This is what we did this spring with my racecar. With the Edelbrock carbs it had always liked 32 degrees. going to 34 degrees showed little if anything. Same with adding jet showed very little. New Holley carbs we tried 32 degrees, [email protected], [email protected]. Then went to 30, [email protected]. Went to 34 [email protected]. Went to 35 [email protected]. Went up from 86 to 90 jets [email protected]. At this point we had a battery c/charger issue and our day was done. Weather stayed consistent. We did some shock changes at the end which helped 60ft a little but only about .025. So all in all it picked up [email protected] This continued at the next event where we went to 92 jets and ran [email protected] That's nearly .20 in jetting and timing. And while I agree that jetting can't cure a sweep in the AFR certainly air bleeds and other methods can get it closer.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back