• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s the most useless tool you have ever bought?

Harbor Freight Brake Bleeder - cant hold a vacuum!!
63391_W3.jpg

A lot of us worked really hard to get a better product to replace that tool, a Bevin tool, but the Rand Paul tool endorsed that piece of ****.

Oh yeah, I love the Bevin tool. I was hoping more people would catch on to how good it was, but alas, people are stuck on that old crappy left-handed tool.

Oh yeah, I love the Bevin tool. I was hoping more people would catch on to how good it was, but alas, people are stuck on that old crappy left-handed tool.

The Bevin tool went out of production in another application because of the fraudulent manufacturing process and a scum turd tool that replaced it is completely useless, worthless, destructive. The Bevin tool actually was the prevailing choice of the people but underhanded clowns in manufacturing caused it to go out of production. Investigations regarding the clown job is underway but lots of stonewalling.

I know that a cheap tool is one that is not likely to last very long. I don't buy cheap hammers or power tools for my everyday job. It isn't often that I need a tool just to do one specific task one time. Working on cars is vastly different. Manufacturers take many different approaches to achieve a similar goal. One puts the oil filter in a convenient spot, another hides it in the oil pan.
Like many others, I have modified screwdrivers and wrenches to make a special tool for a specific task, a tool that is probably not made.
My '75 Power Wagon was an original 440-4 speed. I converted it to a 727...a move I now regret. During that swap, I found one bellhousing bolt was in an impossibly stupid place. It was the only bolt that needed to be an Allen style capscrew due to the limited space. This bolt required an Allen wrench with a 90 degree bend with a very short section after the bend. I could not get a direct line of sight on the bolt to know what size it might be. I bought some wrenches, cut them down and trial fitted them until one actually did. The wrenches were parts store quality. I didn't want to spend a lot for a wrench that, after being cut down, may NOT fit and not be returned for a refund.
Those Allen wrenches are now useless. I did give them to the guy that bought the 4 speed so he would have an easier time of the installation.

Step-drill from chi-com freight. I needed it now, and there's one a mile up the road. I bought 2, because they're cheap....for a reason. I burned-up both of them, on 6 holes thru door skins. That was only the second time I bought anything from that dump. LAST TIME, also.

Auto Transport Service
Back