• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What color for the '70 Coronet?

SteveSS

Local time
7:17 PM
Reaction score
It's cream right now with a saddle-tan interior. I like the color but I think it could use a bit more yellow. I was thinking along the lines of the pale yellow used on 1965 Corvettes. We have a red '97 Camaro and a BumbleBee yellow '81 Camaro, a Hemi Orange '71 Charger, a silver '69 Charger a black Pontiac '73 Grand Am, and a multi-colored '70 Lemans drag car. A white '91 Ford Pickup. Purple is out because that's K-State's color and I'm KU. I"m running out of colors. With the Corvette color, I may not have to do jambs and the engine bay. Whadda think?

cor1.jpg
vette.jpg

Oh Jeeze, I forgot the Sublime 1971 Challenger. I know Sublime is a '70 color but I liked it.

If I could find out what color this was I'd go for it. Kind of a Jalepenoish.

mutant.jpg

Friend has a 70 Challenger in EF8 Green with a Saddle/tan interior...such a sharp looking colour combo!

All those curves on the hood would show of well with a nice glossy black.

Any green would look great

F8 Ivy Green... As T-Cows ^^ stated, an outstanding color combo with a saddle interior

Pine/evergreen metallic, torque thrust
D's , black and grey leather interior.

I hate color changes but you’d be surprised how good a new base/clear coat paint job in the original color would make that car look.

My 70 I had back in high school (in mid to late 80’s)it was painted charcoal metallic grey

B242A7BB-3E11-487A-A3B1-0C30B6DA99FC.jpeg

Fought this for a few weeks on my son’s build. Black, plum, blue? Settled on QQ1 with a black hood. More than happy with it.

C8C918A7-418F-4A2E-81C5-E83A6F882B9F.jpeg

Woah! You guys have forgotten the OP has saddle tan interior. Green yes, black probably not. Red or blue, absolutely not.

Auto Transport Service
Back