• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Color!

Shaggyracer

Local time
10:07 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am in the process of restoring the interior pieces of my 1974 Dodge Charger. The exterior was a metallic gold which I'm going back to. The interior was a tan color. Can somebody give me an idea of what SEM Color Coat will match best for me? Thank you!

20220620_123154.jpg

20220620_123231.jpg

20220620_120313.jpg

20220620_122936.jpg

Take off any interior part that is still installed. Now wash them up good on both sides. Now flip them over and the color underneath that is not sun faded will show you what to get.

Question becomes how correct do you want it to be.... You can get the original color codes for a 74 Dodge, what you have is probably what was called Light Parchment... Ditzler code 23938... However the reality is not all the parts were the same color, look at your upper & lower door panel.. That is a common thing in auto interiors, different suppliers made components is slightly different hues... It adds interest to the design, all parts the exact same color doesn't look right....

Another option is Herb's, they sell Mopar specific interior paints..

Question becomes how correct do you want it to be.... You can get the original color codes for a 74 Dodge, what you have is probably what was called Light Parchment... Ditzler code 23938... However the reality is not all the parts were the same color, look at your upper & lower door panel.. That is a common thing in auto interiors, different suppliers made components is slightly different hues... It adds interest to the design, all parts the exact same color doesn't look right....

Another option is Herb's, they sell Mopar specific interior paints..

[/URL]
Thank you! It doesn't need to be exact, just similar and I'm trying to find what will be closest in SEM's color options.

Take off any interior part that is still installed. Now wash them up good on both sides. Now flip them over and the color underneath that is not sun faded will show you what to get.
Great advice, thank you!

Auto Transport Service
Back