• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What colors were used for a 1970 Coronet 500?

SteveSS

Local time
1:06 PM
Reaction score
It's easy enough to find color charts used by Dodge in 1970 but were the High Impact colors used on their more sedate models? I doubt they were making Coronet wagons in Lime Green. Is there a place that shows colors specific to each model in 1970?

Yes, I believe HIP colors were available.

I've seen factory HIP paint on several six cylinder cars as well.

I met a guy once who was the original owner of the 70 Duster he was driving. Slant 6 and hi impact SubLime.

There’s a YouTuber I don’t want to give any attention to, he has a slant 6 duster that’s hemi orange.

Use to be a slant l, now an LS is in it
:mob:

Hemi orange/EV2 was real popular.

I've seen it on station wagons.

What color is the OP thinking about?

There’s a YouTuber I don’t want to give any attention to, he has a slant 6 duster that’s hemi orange.

My parents had a Tor Red ‘70 Duster with the /6 auto. This pic from ‘72 has my older brother who put the Plymouth decal on it... big Superbird fan. And me with my younger brother. My Dad is in the pic too! :D
1E63820C-CA52-4559-8733-C1FD3CDDA11F.jpeg

I've seen a Plum Crazy Wagon, A Plum Crazy pick up truck & a Beige T/A... You wanted it, they would build it...

The Coronet is a cream color right now. It's not terrible but it will have to have new paint eventually. The interior is a saddle color. Buckets and buddy seat. We have a sublime Challenger and a Hemi Orange Charger. I can't do purple because I'm a KU alum and K State is purple. If I went off the reservation I would do a gunmetal gray. What say you guys? My daughter likes white. I've seen some in Butterscotch that look cool.

Oh, and if I bought a new hood, mine is still perfect, do you like the two scoops or the center bulge hood off the Super Bee?

butter.jpg

Last edited:
You guys know I love the Mutant Bee if I only had the money. I also love the color of The Hammer but this photo really shows it off. It was the car Dom showed up in at the end of Tokyo Drift. (The least stupid of all the F&F movies)

nt.jpg
hammer.jpg

They made panther pink 72 pickups...
THAT would be neat

I know who your are talking about. I really liked how he painted his slat 6 red white and blue. Too bad he stuck a LS in it. Stopped watching after that.

I know who your are talking about. I really liked how he painted his slat 6 red white and blue. Too bad he stuck a LS in it. Stopped watching after that.
Only video I saw of his was when he bought a charger. He said he’d either rebuild the 383, or find a 318 or 360 magnum, I thought cool, then he said or drop a 6.0 ls just to piss people off. I said ok, don’t care about him.

But another guy was videoing power tour cars, and talked to him. Really cool duster….until the LS. Pass

Auto Transport Service
Back