• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's just talk cash money. How much to covert a 1970 Coronet 500 to a 5 or 6 speed manual?

It's 7k to 10k depending upon if you want a five speed or a six speed.

451 Mopar briefly mentioned it, but yeah, how much for pedals and associated accoutrement.

Tkx 5spd will be considerably cheaper than 6spd if you look past the bickering here

My friend paid $6300 for a 5 speed transmission kit from American Powertrain last fall.

Thank you everyone, that was very helpful. About the car. My friend Terry was the son of our local smallish (10,000 people) Chrystler. Dodge/ Plymouth dealer. He always had the coolest muscle cars. He had a root beer colored 1970 Super Bee with air shocks and huge wheels and meats out back. It sounded AWESOME!!! It also had a pistol-grip 4 speed. I knew Terry growing up and through our time at Kansas University and then later from time to time. About 20 years ago I heard he killed himself. Since I have a '70 Coronet I'd Like to make it a tribute to him. So again, thanks for your help.

Auto Transport Service
Back