• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What concoction y'all running in your Sure Grip.....

bandit67

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:32 AM
Reaction score
Guys, I think I have a Sure Grip in the 73 8 3/4 rear I just pulled. Got some very old looking , dirty gear lube cleaned out and ready for some new stuff. As a nubie to these I see some guys like the Motorcraft friction modifier over the Mopar friction modifier. Which one y'all like, and will one 4 oz bottle be enough. And gear lube.....lots of different weights available...whats your preference. I have not driven this car yet so have no clue if the rear was smooth or noisy or chattered in the corners.....thanks

The FSM calls for 80W90 standard gear lub. Yes, there are a lot of preference for the Ford sure grip modifier. In a used rear end, I would stick with what came from the factory. The Mopar stuff will be good in it too. If the rear end is in good shape one tube should be fine. I have had to use 2 on a fresh setup before.

I like the Ferd stuff, I’ve built many rear ends, never a complaint.

Auto Transport Service
Back