• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

8 3/4 Diff install fluid and friction modifier question

robl72

Local time
9:09 AM
Reaction score
Just installed my rebuilt 8 3/4 sure grip In my Charger..

When filling the fluid and modifier I spilled about a little less than 1 ounce out of the 4 ounce bottle of modifier.. Will the small amount of missing modifier make a big difference?

If It does and I need to buy another bottle can I put the whole bottle in or is too much modifier bad?

Also what’s the total amount of fluid needed for a completely dry 8 3/4 rear end? I put 2 quarts in and it does not appear to be up to
the full plug

Thank you!

IMG_7877.jpeg

You should be fine.

I ended up needing 2 bottles in my Bee rear end to get it to stop "spooling" on tight corners. Run what you've got and if have issues just suck a few ounces out and put another bottle in.

BTW... for next time..
1964dodge440cleanup2023pt9 025.jpg

I ended up needing 2 bottles in my Bee rear end to get it to stop "spooling" on tight corners. Run what you've got and if have issues just suck a few ounces out and put another bottle in.

BTW... for next time..
View attachment 1621369
I forgot to ask how much total fluid should the Diff take if it’s dry

I forgot to ask how much total fluid should the Diff take if it’s dry
Sorry, I just fill it 'till it starts dribbling out. I have a 5 gallon pail of gear oil and use an old pint squirt bottle to put it in.

Auto Transport Service
Back