• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you guys hate about this 1970 Coronet R/T for sale?

DynaBro

Local time
8:01 AM
Reaction score
Saw this in FB today. This is not a "for sale not mine" post. This is a "what do you see that doesn't belong" post. Like, why is the block black on a numbers matching car?

It's a Day 2 Mopar....that's about where it ends for me. Chuffing like a steam train going up a steep incline.......some nice go-fast stickers, Moroso covers....I was waiting to see a donkey-dick top radiator hose there....sadly it was just a regular shade-tree mechanics hatchet-job on two hoses with a bit of galv pipe in between.

Maybe it should be entered at MCACN this year???? :mob:

Doesn't belong as in comparison to a factory original 100% survivor?

The black hood treatment and side scoops are hideous. I see several mechanical issues that aren’t a dealbreaker but should be factored into the purchase price…

Any time I see lots of individual wires seemingly running nowhere, I get nervous. Just what did Bubba do to get the car to run? And, just how long until something shorts and starts a fire. For the asking price, the car should be a whole lot tidier.

The super clean tach installation.

The $$$ price aside, it appears to be a really good, solid car. And, as shabby as some things may seem, sorry but this is what a lot of these cars looked like back in the 70's, nobody kept their cars stock. A few corrective, asthetic measures, and you have a really nice car.

I hope someone gets to it before it gets violated more. I generally hate yellow but I like this car. It's going to take some cash to undo the butchery, I don't mind day2 but this one is distasteful. $45k is probably $10k too much. paintwork isn't cheap and there's some missing parts and they aren't cheap anymore either.

I just don't like yellow cars.
But I do like a 70 coronet R/T, some don't.

Sounds like it has potential. Maybe somebody can show some photos to the rest of us that dont do Facebook.

Sounds like it has potential. Maybe somebody can show some photos to the rest of us that dont do Facebook.
I hear you on that. I have a sock account for FB marketplace. It's where all the cars and parts are now. Craigslist is dead. Just make an account like mine. No photo, fake name, no friends. It's worth it for marketplace access.

Thanks, I will pass for now. I have a facebook that I have not opened in about 7 years. Its the principle now!! haha I wont do it, just to look at a car. If I want to see it that bad, I will have one of my kids show it to me.

1710342586009.png
1710342646472.png
1710342632473.png
1710342658286.png
1710342682260.png
1710342694658.png
1710342709899.png
1710342742943.png

1710342608751.png

1710342622587.png

Thank you @Builderguy! That car could be finished out nicely by somebody... for the right price. I like the gauges on the hood. Makes for less holes in the firewall! Maybe that is the difference of a facebook sale and a FBBO sale.

When there's still paint in the gun and you can't resist taking it as far as it will go....despite zero prep.

Auto Transport Service
Back