• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What had happened to my ratty satty

justanotherguy

Local time
10:42 PM
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone!

I noticed some coolant leaking inside the cabin on the floorboards and believed it to be the heater core. Well, I took the heater box out and it went smoothly enough. However, I'm trying to figure out exactly what the previous owner did to the wiring.

It appears to be a factory AC car, but there is a connector wire coming off the compressor and for the life of me, I can't find where it attaches. The blower was not plugged in, but after tracing some wires, it appears the blower is now hooked up to a toggle switch loosely hanging from under the dash.

Can y'all help me figure out what is going on here and what are the chances of ever making the factory air control work again? Learning as I go here and don't want any overheating issues. I've purchased a 4 seasons heater core with AC and a new gasket set for the heater box from Detroit.

20231112_125622.jpg

20231112_125626.jpg

20231112_125641.jpg

20231112_125648.jpg

20231112_125725.jpg

20231112_125739.jpg

20231112_125909.jpg

20231112_125751.jpg

20231112_130205.jpg

20231112_130447.jpg

I believe that blue wire off the compressor goes to the pressure cut out switch next to the condenser in front of the radiator.

If there isn't enough pressure in the system, the compressor won't come on, but you can apply 12v to that wire to test.

Last edited:
Am I missing something? I don't see any AC lines connected to the compressor. I don't think the electrical hook up is going to matter.

?? I’m still trying to figure out the can of Red Bull in place of the coil

Previous owners can be a funny bunch!! I bought a '67 Belvy once in the dead of winter.... It ran and drove, so I attempted to drive it home. I found out that the brake lights were a momentary switch on the dash that you had to push when braking.... I also found out that the drivers door did'nt really latch. So...., I learned pretty quick as the snow hit harder and harder that it really took more than two hands to drive this car, especially if you needed to slow down on right hand turn LoL.

Get a service manual.... i see you already have the diagram, and start undoing.

Previous owners can be a funny bunch!! I bought a '67 Belvy once in the dead of winter.... It ran and drove, so I attempted to drive it home. I found out that the brake lights were a momentary switch on the dash that you had to push when braking.... I also found out that the drivers door did'nt really latch. So...., I learned pretty quick as the snow hit harder and harder that it really took more than two hands to drive this car, especially if you needed to slow down on right hand turn LoL.

Get a service manual.... i see you already have the diagram, and start undoing.
Hahaha that's amazing. Some people's "fixes" never cease to amaze. Good suggestion on the service manual. I've got the 73 edition as well as the haynes repair manual that are proving helpful.

Does anyone have a photo floating around of what it is suppose to look like?

Auto Transport Service
Back