• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WHAT HARDWARE TO MOUNT HEADLIGHT VACUUM CANISTER??

re-animate

Local time
4:33 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys; Can anyone tell me what the hardware looks like for mounting the headlight vacuum canister to the frame rail on a 1969 Charger? Is it a self tapping bolt or standard? Standard or tooth washer? I enclosed a picture of one installed. It definitely looks like a hex bolt rather than a screw. I found some bolts in my hardware bins that may or may not be correct. Can anyone clear this up for me? Thanks,Dave

VACUUM CANISTER.jpg Pic4130.JPG Pic4131.JPG Pic4132.JPG

Looks something like so.
3/8" hex head.

Q__8.png

Washer is molded to the head as shown.
3/4" length sounds about right.

I bought a box of 25 of said bolt on ebay a while back ...just no markings on the head

Do you know what the thread diameter is on those? The ones I pictured are tight and I didn't want to run them in until I was sure they were the right ones. Do you have a link to those bolts on Ebay?

1/4"
If you Pm me an address.

Ill send you some

Hi guys; Can anyone tell me what the hardware looks like for mounting the headlight vacuum canister to the frame rail on a 1969 Charger? Is it a self tapping bolt or standard? Standard or tooth washer? I enclosed a picture of one installed. It definitely looks like a hex bolt rather than a screw. I found some bolts in my hardware bins that may or may not be correct. Can anyone clear this up for me? Thanks,Dave

View attachment 1196852 View attachment 1196853 View attachment 1196855 View attachment 1196856
Unless someone with that same car replies, try R/T Specialties with your inquiry.

Auto Transport Service
Back