• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What holds the LH Mirror remote to the door panel

67charger440

Local time
7:37 PM
Reaction score
Greetings.

What actually secures the remote to the door panel or door? This piece is loose and all moves together? Is there a retaining bit of some sort? Is so, anyone got one?(this is just a picture I found… not mine)

817D4799-231F-4863-8E64-2E1D86D6AD52.png

There is a round nut like retaining ring that threads on the inside.
I may have one.

There is (or should be) a tab like notch in the metal of the door panel which keeps it from spinning. Tightening the nut/bezel should keep it from spinning as well but who knows. I am fairly sure I have a couple of those, scratched but I have them. They don't look like the 70s ones. Correct one for our Chargers is:
284-B__61356.1506354111.jpg

Could have been a sheet metal nut or a rectangular spring with a large hole and locating tang holding the adjuster to the metal door frame, then the screw on chrome trim nut as pictured above for looks and added holding.

Well since his handle is 67Charger440 I assumed he'd want correct for 67 which is what I posted. 66 is different.

Auto Transport Service
Back