• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is causing this on my AC filter?

idrivemopar

Local time
5:56 AM
Reaction score
I think this stuff is coming from a faulty drier/receiver, but I am curious if anyone has thoughts on what is this stuff causing my AC filter on the low pressure side to keep getting clogged?
20190613_141203.jpg

The system RV2 compressor was completely rebuilt, the drier/receiver was supposedly reconditioned, the condenser was brand new as well as all the hoses, the evaporator was chemically flushed. Yet, I keep getting this stuff clogging the filter and causing the temperature to go up, as well as pressures. Its not magnetic, so that is why I suspect its coming from the drier/receiver.

It might be desicant particles from the filter-dryer. There are reproductions of the dryer or aftermarket available. Is that the suction inlet strainer on the RV2? A bad dryer will clog the TXV first, so that might have to come out & get cleaned.

That is the filter that goes on the hose before the ETR valve on the low pressure side, so yes, suction. What is a TXV, do you mean the expansion valve??

Expansion valve is clean. Got another drier on the way, cheap, only 35 bucks. Hopefully that will take care of the problem. If it doesn't, then there must be some contamination inside the evaporator, but I doubt that since it was cleaned with high pressure solvent for AC systems.

Yes, TXV - thermostatic expansion valve. Stock systems do have a tendency to build aluminum oxides in the condenser and evaporator, especially if they sit open. The evap and condensers are a trap - the connections are at the top; unless it is removed and shaken, held so the outlet is the lowest point, there's stuff in there.

I think I am gonna have to drop the heater box and pull the evaporator and send it to be cleaned, or replaced, I think there is some grit still in it from when it was cleaned.

have you checked for leak down in the compressor to make sure its okay

Auto Transport Service
Back