• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the most frustrating thing about your car?

changing spark plugs on my 383 stock manifolds can be a bit TRYING.... but in comparison to how easy pretty much everything else is to do...i can live with being a jumping jack contortionist for a couple hours!

ill tell you what i LOVE about my mopar is this..... all the "live" and unused electrical connections that are under the dash. i put after market gauges in yesterday and needed a power source to light them up....and BAMMMMMM....found one in 15 seconds that works with the dash / headlight switch, so they come on when the rest of the dash does. ! i just crimped a blade on the hot wire and slid it into the plug couldnt have been any easier than that !

My transmission is high up on the "annoying" list at the moment...

My car is 43 years old now and to me, the biggest frustration is that even though everything is either new or remanufactured, there will always be "issues" with it, because it's a 43 year old car.

My car is 43 years old now and to me, the biggest frustration is that even though everything is either new or remanufactured, there will always be "issues" with it, because it's a 43 year old car.

Well said. I remember bitching and moaning about my 280ZX when I was a teenager, how it always broke and never ran like I wanted. One day my dad had enough and set me straight, by saying almost exactly what you said there. I've tried to remember that every time something goes wrong on my 280, my 260 or my Plymouth. It doesn't always work, but at least I don't throw things anymore...

Don't throw things anymore...LOL... Now that's funny stuff there... Reminds me of my youth, I threw more damn tools at the wall of the garage, because of busting my knuckles or breaking a bolt or something, I've learned some patients now...

The Most Frustrating Thing About My Car Is Trying To Restore This Thing With NOS And OEM Parts When The Previous Owner Tried To Fix It With A Hodge-Podge Of Parts..Some Of It Junk!:angry1:

Finding door seals for a 67 station wagon that don't cost an arm and a leg. You can get seals for coupes and two door hard tops out the wazoo, but good luck finding a set designed to work with a wagon's upright rear door profiles...

the problem i have with my car is the transmission second gear went out of the spare one that was in the car so we had to put the original one in it and the transmission slips and it was rebuilt

shitty dash lights are pretty frustrating.....too dim. and finding the " sweet spot" on the rheostat for the dash lights and getting it to stay put is a constant battle.

Would of it been so hard to design the BB starter to bolt up from the bottom?That top bolt is a miserable bit$& to get in.

I love the AMC's because you really dont see alot of them and i can appreciate them more because of this. but would you really rather look at ANOTHER 69 camaro....( here it comes.....VOMIT ).....or this ? :

I usually just walk right by the camaros, and I even had one 30yrs ago before I knew how nice a mopar really was. I'd MUCH rather drool on your fender, than look at a camaro. :headbang:

My biggest frustration is me. I was hurt on the job several years ago. Permanent disabling injury. PLus, I am not as young as I used to be. Sometimes it seem like my projects are stagnating. Like now. It's frustrating as all hell to see my stuff just sittin there. I do stuff to them when I feel good enough. So, it's slow. Since my son moved out a couple of years back, I have no one to help, so it's real slow. I will get done when I get done. Easy to say but hard to have to watch.

The about 6 inch scar/stitch making hood latch.

Absolutely! After my first three :sad4: with that damned lobotomy hook, I cut a square hole in a tennis ball, put some RTV around the edges for grip, and now I pop that ball onto the latch as soon as the hood's open. I keep the ball on a little spring hanging from the radiator support so that it's always "front and center."

Reno 2012 005 - Copy.jpg...The most annoying thing...ummmm...the clunky way the doors shut...a lot of the time if you do not shut them in a certain way they do not close and you end up having to slam them shut,I cringe every time someone slams the doors on our 1973 RR....Marla

I actually LIKE the starter mount.

You can hang the starter on the top stud so you don't have to bench press it while you start the bolts...

...and the pre-set depth means no shims.

I use a ratchet and a long extension with either a wobly or a u joint.

OK, I'll add another one after what I did this evening....

installing/removing the master cylinder while lying with your head on the brake pedal, and one of your fingers trying to touch a nut that you either can't see or can't touch (or both), and trying to get a "medium" depth socket on it (if you can find one) becaue a deep well is too long and a standard is too short, and trying to figure which combination of 3 inch, 6 inch 12 inch extensions and where to place the u joint adaptor and/or wobly extension in order to actually be able to turn the nut enough to get to the next ratchet pawl...remember all while lying twisted on the floor with stuff falling into your face/eyes.

Now THAT'S entertainment.

Interestingly, it's not THAT much easier if the dash is completely out.

I feel your pain, literally...been there done that...lol.

OK, I'll add another one after what I did this evening....

installing/removing the master cylinder while lying with your head on the brake pedal, and one of your fingers trying to touch a nut that you either can't see or can't touch (or both), and trying to get a "medium" depth socket on it (if you can find one) becaue a deep well is too long and a standard is too short, and trying to figure which combination of 3 inch, 6 inch 12 inch extensions and where to place the u joint adaptor and/or wobly extension in order to actually be able to turn the nut enough to get to the next ratchet pawl...remember all while lying twisted on the floor with stuff falling into your face/eyes.

Now THAT'S entertainment.

Interestingly, it's not THAT much easier if the dash is completely out.
You should try replacing a crankshaft sensor on a 2003 PT Cruiser with the 2.5 turbo engine lol. You can't see it at all.

Auto Transport Service
Back