• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the most frustrating thing about your car?

The damn starter header clearance.

I've read alot about header problems and buying $1000 tti's ,but I bought a set of headman Hedders for $179.00 and put them on my 64 Sport Fury 440/727 they fit excellent, don't scrape,leak,etc. If I need to change the Dakota style starter, I take out all the header bolts,pull it away from the engine and after unbolting the starter(pita) I can pull the starter out from up top from between the firewall and the last tube.I did install them first to make sure they fit then had them ceramic coated.

I dug up this old thread just for fun.
Classic Industries recent catalog lists in the COMING SOON a reproduction 1970 Charger grille. The price is around $2000 for a complete setup minus the drive motor.
Holeeeeee crap !
In 2006 I saw a bumper and grille at a swap meet. Great condition and complete. At the time, I thought the $600 price was "stupid money" !!

Life getting in the way and not being able to work on it.....now I'm looking at the fact that I might have to sell it.

I dug up this old thread just for fun.
Classic Industries recent catalog lists in the COMING SOON a reproduction 1970 Charger grille. The price is around $2000 for a complete setup minus the drive motor.
Holeeeeee crap !
In 2006 I saw a bumper and grille at a swap meet. Great condition and complete. At the time, I thought the $600 price was "stupid money" !!

Look into the amount of tooling required to build that. Find someone or three to make the tooling. Source quality materials. Someone to run it/make parts. Finish detail the parts. Package up the stuff, and get it to market. Pay all those people, then figure how few you'll actually sell. Seems cheap to me.

Last edited:
The most frustrating part for me, is the fact I can't quit creating projects.

When people say "nice Corvair"

downloadfile.jpg

Jeff

Rust around the rear window that just destroys your trunk pan, extensions, rear quarter panel, Dutchman panels

IMG_0659.JPG IMG_0669.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg

Seems I'm usually preparing for the next trip. This time it's the Tremec TKO 5. Leaks like a sieve.

Auto Transport Service
Back