• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the strangest thing you have found in your car?

gyxffyg

Local time
6:33 AM
Reaction score
Last year I bought a 68 Barracuda and flew Charlotte and drove it about 8 hours home. When I cleaned it up for the first time I found an old joint under the rear floor mat. And later even found a half joint in the ash tray. So glad I did not get pulled over and searched on the way home.
What is the strangest thing you have found in your car?

Coins, Combs,Matchbooks,Joints,Rubbers,Gas Receipts, Toothpicks,Gum,Zipper Bags..... You name it, I found it.....

i removed my back seat this past summer to search for my build sheet in my 69 charger (which im extremely excited to say i found!!!!)

Anyway, as i was removing the bottom seat i found a very vintage KFC "wet wipe" This was a old old wrapper. Logo from the 70s i would assume. I was born in 87 and i dont remember it ever being like that.

I also found lots of sand when i took the back seat out....lots of beach sand. I dont know why...but i bet my shop vac sucked up 1/2lb of it?

This summer i hope to remove all the seats to replace the carpet.....wondering what i will find then

Also pleased to report my floors under the back seat had 0 rust on it.

Found a full baggie under the driver's side bucket seat after driving the hell of a 67 Dart for 3 years! The seats came out of a 70 Duster and didn't notice it when I pulled them out of the Duster and installed into the Dart. When I parted the Dart after a wreck I had the seats out and sitting up against a fence, the driver's seat somehow got knocked over and that's when something caught my eye. The sun hit the baggie just right and became noticeable. And man, I had been stopped by the cops many times while acting crazy with that car! That was back in the mid 70's when you could go to jail for 2 years just for a tiny amount of pot! After that, everything got checked out before getting installed.

In my 63 Dodge I found a previous owners pay stub from 1989 including his soc. security #. Guess he is lucky I'm not into identity theft. Also the usual stuff, coins, wrappers and a small can of Ronson lighter fluid.

I always made a point of taking every car I bought to base security when I was in the Navy and have them run the dogs through it. I took a 72 Roadrunner GTX I had just bought there and the dogs went nuts! They found a complete drug kit with hypo, needles, spoons, etc., stuffed up under the dash between the stereo and lower lip of the dash along with some old joints.

The car already had a nice aftermarket stereo in it, so I would likely have never looked or felt around in there. Glad the dogs found it. :)

I always made a point of taking every car I bought to base security when I was in the Navy and have them run the dogs through it. I took a 72 Roadrunner GTX I had just bought there and the dogs went nuts! They found a complete drug kit with hypo, needles, spoons, etc., stuffed up under the dash between the stereo and lower lip of the dash along with some old joints.

The car already had a nice aftermarket stereo in it, so I would likely have never looked or felt around in there. Glad the dogs found it. :)
My luck would have been if security had found something, they would hold me responsible......and I was in security as a white hat in the AF! Hell, a buddy (another cop) and I were arrested because we got caught in the base junk yard and our so called 'brothers' even stuck us in a cage lol. It was a closed yard where all the abandoned and junk vehicles were kept until they were pretty much given away to the commercial wrecking yards in Germany where we were constantly price gouged for parts. Fun days.....

Found a half a nickle under the dash on the drivers side in a 68' barracuda

Several years ago I pulled up the carpet on a 60 Ford, and found 15 pounds of chrome screws that were used to hold garnish moldings around windshield. Must have been spilled when coming down assembly line and just covered over by carpet instead of being picked up.

I have found a snake that died in the frame. Its tail was sticking out at the hole in the frame that is inline with the door striker and its head was sticking out the hole closest to the rear bumper, scorpion shells in the clutch and brakes and rats in the heater box, hood, heads and air box down by your left foot.
I'll try to post pics later.

A credit card, Master Card, for a dude in Texas. Googled his name and found two guys, called them both and the second one was like," Yah, I lost a card a long time ago, did you steal it?" I explained where I found it and he was very apologetic. He had of course cancelled it long ago. Cut it up and tossed it. We chatted about the car he hadn't seen for many years.

My luck would have been if security had found something, they would hold me responsible......and I was in security as a white hat in the AF! Hell, a buddy (another cop) and I were arrested because we got caught in the base junk yard and our so called 'brothers' even stuck us in a cage lol. It was a closed yard where all the abandoned and junk vehicles were kept until they were pretty much given away to the commercial wrecking yards in Germany where we were constantly price gouged for parts. Fun days.....

Yep, that's why my first stop when coming on base was at Security, even before Pass & Tag. :)

They won't run the dogs through a new/used car anymore on bases. It is a "waste of time", according to base security. I guess they'd rather do the random sweeps and catch you red-handed.

Strangest thing I found in a car was a nest of opossums. This was a '59 Ford Galaxie 500 that was on the property when I bought the place. I had let the car sit for about three months before my curiosity got the best of me. There were keys still in the ignition. Brought an air tank out and filled the tires, then dragged it out with my tractor. Started rummaging around in the car; of course, there was mouse **** all over. The interior was pretty roached, but the dash and steering wheel were near-perfect! I decided to pop the trunk...Momma opossum and her babies scared the **** out of me! Sunlight hit their little nest and all hell broke loose! I jumped probably ten feet back! I was really NOT expecting that!

I work here in Kansas City as a mechanic. About 20 years ago or so I was doing a tire rotation and had to look in car for wheel lock key on my customer's car. After looking in usual spots(glove box, ash tray, door pockets) I opened the trunk and busted up laughing. Inside the trunk in plain sight was a blowup sex doll and a 3 lb tub of whipped cream . I could not even look guy in face when he picked car up.

Another time we were asked to investigate a horrible odor coming from inside of car. After tearing out rear seat we found a moldy package of unopened lunch meat that had fallen out of a grocery sack and slid down in crack. Pretty gross

A woman's pair of panties, that I had no ideas from where or whom, car was in my garage &
it was too big for Honey, she's a size Zero to a 2 at best {spinner}
they were size 6 sexy lace frilly panties {like Victoria Secret stuff} looked used...

No sniff test either... :love4:

I found a 22 revolver under the drivers seat. Old, but still loaded. I turned it into the local police and explained how I got it. Nothing ever became of that.

Man I've found some strange things in the cars over the years I guess the weirdest was a set of dentures. It/they were under the rear seat along with a few rubbers in there wrapper and some lube! Not sure what kind of party took place in that car but I made sure the upholstery was replaced quickly

This is a great, fun topic.

I have found many interesting things in cars over the years along with many run of the mill type things. Here are just a few of the odd items.

-Two rolls of old quarters in the trunk drop.
-Four antique toy trucks. I contacted the previous owner to see if he wanted them back and he said "no, just keep them". They were in great shape and probably worth $325 total. Nice bonus!
-Rear panels by the back seats FULL of Prickly Pair Cactus.
-A living rat that was about 10" long.
-Two living mice. I discovered them when one day after buying the car, one ate a hole in the convertible top boot.
-Was looking at two cars for one price and made the owner an offer. His response was "only if you take all of those parts with you". It was enough parts to fill both cars to the top. After selling the parts, it more than paid for both cars.

It's a fun hobby!!!

So I bought a Charger a while back, and the wheels on the car were mix-matched. I was about to order some magnum 500's on ebay, but I checked the trunk and found 4 vintage american racing wheels!

Auto Transport Service
Back