• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what is the value

brad 66

Local time
10:06 AM
Reaction score
is anyone interested in starting a thread with the values of their chargers or is that to private to post i am all ways looking to see what people are asking and if they sell just a thought what do you think i see them for 4 to 5 k to 244 ki am not looking to sell but i like to have an idea what their worth

This is as broad as it is wide. Any particular car is worth what someone is willing to pay. The desirability to the buyer is where the value is. The more desirable you make the car to others, the more it's worth. As I have successfully said nothing that we all don't know, best of luck with yours.

numbers are all over the place because every person values them differently. I have seen junked out parts cars for retarded money and great drivers for around the same pricing. in some cases people get their pricing from tv auctions driven by alcohol or tv shows driven by bottomless pockets, others have a grasp on reality and sell at decent prices. it's just a matter of who the seller and buyer are, how bad they want it, their budget, and availability.

I think that is the longest sentence I have seen without puncuations:D.....but I do agree with both comments above.

Sports Car Market's methods give their values credibility as they get their data from many different sources and types; offering sometimes humorous opinions of why something brought what it was worth at the national or local auction, or why the car in that particular private ad is a fright pig.

To me values, especially with Chargers would be difficult. I've been looking for a reasonable* ( *see not crazy) '68 for quite a while. Finally picked one up, but the chase was really frustrating dealing with barrett/jackson watchers who think they have the keys to the mint. I got very lucky.:)

I don't reckon too many of us here are in this hobby for the money anyways, eh?
If you are - it ain't a hobby to you.
Just sayin'.

I keep track of "Thursday" cars at the big auctions, as well as ebay and craigslist, realizing that those are asking prices. You can also track a car that gets it's price progressively lowered.

"Old cars price guide" used to be pretty close IMO, even though they had some minor issues with option and engine availability on some models.

If there is a model I am particularly interested in, I keep a folder on my PC with pics and a final sales or listing price, and a date.

It certainly IS possible to come up with a close figure on value based on condition and "desirable" options.

Just takes some homework.

Auto Transport Service
Back