• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this and where does it go?

Local time
2:48 AM
Reaction score
Tape fell off this part I took off my 70 Roadrunner 3 years ago. Anybody know what this is and where it goes?

IMG_0287.jpg

Yes. It mounts to the drivers side frame rail and serves as a splash guard for the starter. The U shaped cutout allows clearance for the steering linkage.

Last edited:
Thanks!
It is more a matter of good timing.....Right as the sun is at the horizon and glowing an orange hue. That gives off a great, warm looking glow. The picture is from my basic iphone 6. Nothing fancy.

Thanks!
It is more a matter of good timing.....Right as the sun is at the horizon and glowing an orange hue. That gives off a great, warm looking glow. The picture is from my basic iphone 6. Nothing fancy.
Beautiful none-the-less.

Anybody have an idea where you can get the shield? I have the rubber piece and the staples already.

I just looked around and see that the shield is now reproduced. But a few sites say that this is ONLY for auto trans including AMD which I believe made the tooling. Question is if there is a separate part for manual trans or if the manual trans ever had one. Any idea?
Thanks.

I just looked around and see that the shield is now reproduced. But a few sites say that this is ONLY for auto trans including AMD which I believe made the tooling. Question is if there is a separate part for manual trans or if the manual trans ever had one. Any idea?
Thanks.
Negative on the manual trans. Only automatics got them to my knowledge.

Thanks! I looked on the frame rail using the attached picture to see if there were holes on the left side. There are, but doesn't look like they have ever had a screw in them. I suppose the holes were there whether it was an auto or manual trans.

Auto Transport Service
Back