• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this?

vanman59

Local time
3:07 AM
Reaction score
Found this in a box of parts. I "inherited" a 1958 Royal literal basket case. I can't figure out what this is. Any help? Also the heater control; I figured out the cable to open the door for the fan (on), but the other cable that is supposed to increase/decrease the heat doesn't appear to go anywhere. I did find the automatic heat thing that is supposed to regulate the amount of water going to the heater core but there's no cable attachment. I'm also missing one of the push button shifter lever/buttons, are they available? There may be more questions to come. I did find a place to rebuild the power brake booster. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20231027_121447681_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231027_121425359.jpg

Round part with lever is a foot operated manual washer pump.

electrical part and wiring is unknown

Found this in a box of parts. I "inherited" a 1958 Royal literal basket case. I can't figure out what this is. Any help? Also the heater control; I figured out the cable to open the door for the fan (on), but the other cable that is supposed to increase/decrease the heat doesn't appear to go anywhere. I did find the automatic heat thing that is supposed to regulate the amount of water going to the heater core but there's no cable attachment. I'm also missing one of the push button shifter lever/buttons, are they available? There may be more questions to come. I did find a place to rebuild the power brake booster. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 1552101

View attachment 1552102
Possible the “y” that branches off to the rear trunk light from drivers kick panel?

Where is the vacuum switch that keeps you from accidentally engaging the starter when you push the neutral switch? I thought it might be for that o guess I'll try to ohm out the switch to see what it does. I thought vacuum would pull the lever and open the circuit for the starter.

Auto Transport Service
Back