• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your experience with G3H products from Holley?

Migsbig

Local time
3:43 AM
Reaction score
was talking with a couple locals on how they are not fans of the Holley Sniper/HiRam parts for LS Chevy engines. Mind you that these guys do Chevy work regularly and their main complaint was tuning and making adjustments that would work with the parts. I do like the thought of a Hi-Ram on a hemi, but know zero installation work done with Holley products. Has anybody have some useful info on this brand compatibility with making hemi swaps work with their products? This is for older car swaps so smog won’t be an issue.

was talking with a couple locals on how they are not fans of the Holley Sniper/HiRam parts for LS Chevy engines. Mind you that these guys do Chevy work regularly and their main complaint was tuning and making adjustments that would work with the parts. I do like the thought of a Hi-Ram on a hemi, but know zero installation work done with Holley products. Has anybody have some useful info on this brand compatibility with making hemi swaps work with their products? This is for older car swaps so smog won’t be an issue.
I don't know who you were talking to, but at the track, nearly every LS has a holley intake and throttle body on it. No issues from my coyote Holley Sniper intake with rails either. I will be trying a gen 3 Hemi intake at some point, I have 3 6.4L hemis here that I plan to build.

Well I ordered one of the Holley intake manifolds from a vendor months ago and it still hasn't shipped...

The Holley mid sump cast oil pan will NOT clear ARP main studs....

I am using a Holley Terminator X (Max), mid plate, intake, 4150 adapter, and oil pan. I don't have the can running yet but I can say that everything fits and seems to work as expected. I really like the mid plate, although not cheap is really well thought out.

IMG_8597.jpg

I am using a Holley Terminator X (Max), mid plate, intake, 4150 adapter, and oil pan. I don't have the can running yet but I can say that everything fits and seems to work as expected. I really like the mid plate, although not cheap is really well thought out.

View attachment 1582416
Midplate? Car looks fantastic. Detail is phenomenal

Oh, ok. Midmount accessory drive, not a midplate. Midplates go between the engine and transmission and act as a rear mounting point for cars that have a front engine mount plate. Race car stuff, threw me off but thanks for clarifying and I love your car.
Yeah sorry about that, brain fart..

I've used the Holley gen 3 swap stuff a few times since they've come out. Their mounts seem nice, and position engine well. Their exhaust manifolds fit well if you have clearance issues. The headers fit well, with the standard box or Borgeson box. I ended up putting one dimple in a pipe for box clearance. No header issues with the low mount a/c pumps.
My latest swap, for me anyway, is a 6.4 in a 67 charger. Holley mounts, headers, even the full exhaust offered by holley/hooker fit well. I had some issues with the trans mount and h-pipe, but that was because of my choice using a gear vendors on the back of the 727.
I also used their terminator x max controller system. It was easy to deal with, even for someone not used to a system that is so tunable. I'd only used the plug n play stuff in the past, like Hotwire or Mopar.
Setup was easy, no real programing needed. The 6.4 is a stock crate motor, and they had a stock 6.4 tune built in, so it fired right up and purred. I haven't driven it yet, but seems nice.
I even used their 12.3inch pro dash for gauges. Even that was fairly simple
With products like these, and fuel tanks like Tanks Inc and others like it, the whole swap is simple.
A few tricks to learn in the beginning when bolting items on the engine, like the pan and starter clearance to the block......things like that.

I used several G3H swap parts from Holley in my build and I am overall pretty happy with them. That being said I think their Quality Assurance has declined quite a bit. I used their engine and trans mounts, Oil Pan, headers, exhaust, PS pump, and the Terminator X Max. I feel like well over half of the products received had one or more quality control issue that required me to contact customer support to correct. Just off the top of my head.. The 3" exhaust kit came with 2.5" mufflers and was missing a hangar, driver header required a good bit of clearance around the Borgerson box. Also their trans mount had only one of the 2 required spacers, and even showed it missing on the sales picture, leading me to believe every single kit was being sent out that way. I brought this to the attention of customer support and they said they cant really do anything, but sent me a T-shirt for my trouble.

If you are a decent problem solver, you shouldn't have a problem with anything, but most of the time nothing went in without an issue. It's kind of my expectation with all venders these days to be honest.

Well, I just got kicked in the nuts by Holley. I’ve been building a project around their swap set up and went to buy the headers. Only to find out they discontinued them. Now I have the mounts and stock K frame/suspension ready and no idea what to do for the exhaust set up. Funny (not really) that they still sell the header back exhaust system that matches up to the BH2358 headers that they discontinued. Time for me to reset and spend more time researching. I’ve gotta find what will work now so I don’t waste more money on incompatible parts. I also hate to bring more parts to the scrap yard.

Well, I just got kicked in the nuts by Holley. I’ve been building a project around their swap set up and went to buy the headers. Only to find out they discontinued them. Now I have the mounts and stock K frame/suspension ready and no idea what to do for the exhaust set up. Funny (not really) that they still sell the header back exhaust system that matches up to the BH2358 headers that they discontinued. Time for me to reset and spend more time researching. I’ve gotta find what will work now so I don’t waste more money on incompatible parts. I also hate to bring more parts to the scrap yard.
What a pain. Likely stopped production for fitment issues. looks like the shorty style are still available..

Hooker BlackHeart BH2375 Hooker Blackheart Gen III Hemi Swap Headers - Stainless

I sent an email out, I'll see what they say.

besides the steering gear issue, I now remember they were touching the torsion bars too. Had to clearance them pretty good with a round pipe on each side. Might be a blessing in disguise...

oh before I forget too, I would advise against using their rubber engine mount isolators. I broke them just setting the engine in place. The rubber almost completely separated form the metal. No way I would trust that weak bond to hold that engine in place. I got new ones replaced by Holley and made a torque strap on each side to help, but in the end swapped them out with solid mounts for peace of mind. Honestly not too much vibration at all. That modern engine is not nearly as harsh as what they used to be.

I bought their stuff for my Dakota, motor mounts, trans. cross member, shorty headers, terminator x max and the wiring harness for the 46re trans. I’m still doing bodywork and don’t have it running yet so I can’t say how it all works. The headers bolted on and look good, same with the motor mounts.

My big complaint is when I bought the terminator x max, they charged my credit card twice in the same day. I took a pic of my bank statement and emailed it to them showing the charges and I was missing an additional $2000+ from my account. They responded quickly giving an explanation that really didn’t explain why they changed me twice. I just went to my bank and disputed the charges. Thankfully I got my money back.

Well, they stopped making them. All I can say. No plans to reintroduce them.
Thanks for confirming. I called them and talked to tech support and he said “they don’t tell me that kind of stuff “. He did see if any of their distributors had any in stock and found one. I bought off that website but they don’t have them either. Hopefully they refund me quickly. Guess I’m back to the drawing board with this swap. Thanks to everyone else with the help on this one.

Auto Transport Service
Back