• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is yout favorite brand of Street tires ?

What is your favorite brand of Street tires ?

• Good Year

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Michelin

Votes: 17 12.1%
  • Continental / General

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firestone

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • BF Goodrich

Votes: 62 44.0%
  • Uniroyal

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Bridgestone

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Pirelli

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Kumho

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 27 19.1%

• Total voters
I'm looking at BFGs as well for the Sport Fury;want a 28-29" tall rear tire,and they've got a 255/70-15 that should work. Cooper makes a comparable tire(slightly wider tread,but slightly shorter in diameter as well) in that size. I need to find a compatible BFG(or Cooper or...?) front tire(to go on a 4-1/2" rim) that's around 25.5-26" tall and narrow in tread width. Any suggestions,folks?

I believe that some Coopers are American made, and actually made here in the Detroit area. If that matters to you. These days we Mighiganders should try to keep our money close to home and buy local when we can. It helps keep our neighbors working. May sound silly to some of you, but the economy here in S.E. Mich is in ruins.

I believe that some Coopers are American made, and actually made here in the Detroit area. If that matters to you. These days we Mighiganders should try to keep our money close to home and buy local when we can. It helps keep our neighbors working. May sound silly to some of you, but the economy here in S.E. Mich is in ruins.

I totally Agree, I BUY American as much as I can, I would rather keep Our dollars here at Home,:unitedstates: instead of sending them to China.

:sFl_america2:

I like Cooper Cobra Radial GT , they look great and I find the handle better than bfg , also the white lettering is bigger . looks cool on our old cars

Cooper for my 73, Coker repop Good/Year redlines for the 69 and Connie's for my 07

I dont know what Im gonna run on the 69 yet, but as far as my daily drivers...I've had great service out of Uniroyal tires.

Jason

not much time im a frayed, but i would think associations would have a gurt job in deterring monopolies, pricefixing and other rackets. the question is, how do we avoid these groups succuming to bribery or corruption?

Huh ? .....:rolling: Monopolies are a standard way of Life here in America, Just look at our Utility Companies, Power, Water, Gas, ect. they have us by they short and curlys and can pretty much charge what they want by claiming losses and hiking their prices, what can you do ? it's not like there's three other power companies in town to choose from....... and as far as Petroleum companies go, Let's not get me started, Do you Remember 1973/1974 they said we were out of Gas as a world, .....That was 27 years ago, There have been several High mileage Carburetor and fuel delivery system designs and the Petro companies bought the designs.... and We still get jerked around with fuel prices when the Big Dogs get Hungry. On top of all that Good Ole Uncle Sam get about 33 % percent of Our Dollars.:mad:

American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD,

Born Free and Taxes to Death.

Huh ? .....:rolling: Monopolies are a standard way of Life here in America, Just look at our Utility Companies, Power, Water, Gas, ect. they have us by they short and curlys and can pretty much charge what they want by claiming losses and hiking their prices, what can you do ? it's not like there's three other power companies in town to choose from....... and as far as Petroleum companies go, Let's not get me started, Do you Remember 1973/1974 they said we were out of Gas as a world, .....That was 27 years ago, There have been several High mileage Carburetor and fuel delivery system designs and the Petro companies bought the designs.... and We still get jerked around with fuel prices when the Big Dogs get Hungry. On top of all that Good Ole Uncle Sam get about 33 % percent of Our Dollars.:mad:

American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD,

Born Free and Taxes to Death.

Isn't that the truth

Speaking of tires. The Coronet has Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R's on it i think.

They have a flame tread pattern on them.

What does everyone think of these, if they have ever used them? They seem ok, and seem to have a lot of grip. It has been wet here, and they dont really seem to have any issue in rain or wet pavement.

Speaking of tires. The Coronet has Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R's on it i think.

They have a flame tread pattern on them.

What does everyone think of these, if they have ever used them? They seem ok, and seem to have a lot of grip. It has been wet here, and they dont really seem to have any issue in rain or wet pavement.

They look really Cool, I wouldn't want them on a Resto, I have always wonder about the grip of those.

COOPER COBRAS......i can spin em off and the store has lots and lots to replace them !

BF;s some day....God Bless Bear R.-

- - - Updated - - -

oh hey Ron.how ya doin buddy,Bear R.-

Auto Transport Service
Back