WHAT OIL AND WHAT GAS TO USE FOR MY 69 GTX

1968 -1970 Mopars

1. Ranger16

Ranger16 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:46 AM
    Not sure about them, but I got the best price on Ebay. There is no end to the sellers and prices.

2. Houle #382

Houle #382 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:46 AM
    If you want to read up on which oils are the best for wear protection go to this web site ( 540ratblog.wordpress.com/201...test.rankings ) it's a very long article but makes a lot of very good points. Some oils that I thought were very good ( Brad Penn ) actually don't have a very good wear protection. I have started using Valvoline Max Life 10W40 synthetic blend in my 68 Coronet R/T after reading the article and reading the ratings. There is a lot of good oils out there without adding the additives that the author used in some oils. I looked at it this way why spend the extra money for the additives when you can buy off the shelve oil that's just as good or better.

• Like Like x 1
    • super-bee_ski

super-bee_ski FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
      10:46 PM

MOPOWER871 is correct!
      Brad Penn
      (Kendall oil refinery, specific to Flat Tappet Cams with 1,000 ppm of Zinc and Phosphate
      OR
      Valvolone VR-1 Racing oil
      with 1300 ppm of Zinc and Phosphate
      The more the merrier
      NOTE: Running these oils in your everyday car equipped with a catalytic convertor will plug it up and it will disintegrate due to high heat.

• Agree Agree x 1
      1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.