• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What parts are not reproduced

This is a HUGE question. Parts are more available on some mopars than others. Then the option of checking on NOS or used from members or suppliers. Pick a few parts you might have in mind and do some surfing on the web. I've spent days maybe weeks, adding up all the time I've hunted for parts during repairs/resto. Looking for some parts, I've had a ton of help from fellow members. Just located a part that took hours to find on the web over the course of a couple weeks and fellow members weren't able to come up with anything. Doesn't happen often, but does.
66, 67 b bodies seem to be orphan cars, but if anybody remembers the 880, good luck finding stuff for those cars. D body imperials too.

Were days when I’d spend more time on the web or phone looking for parts than working on the car or coming up with ideas to make the part and do this. Sometimes I’d think what the guys at ma mopar had in mind.

When taking off the quarter window trim on my ’63 vert, the clips used to attach were impossible to find; they were ‘H’ shaped nylon, 3 on each side where as the clips for the abutting trim on the doors where offset scissors type (also hard to find the correct size). Most of the H clips were not reusable. After some head scratching, remembered having some extra trim in the rafters with those offset clips. Go figure, those worked perfectly to reattach the quarter trim too. Wondered why those weren’t just used keeping the same type of clip for the run of trim likely saving mfg costs for those six H clips; only ones on the car like them. Lol, will never know.

"Correct" 68-70 GTX/RR exhaust tips. There are a ton of reproductions, but they differ from originals in several areas. The originals have a mounting hanger that extends through the top of the cylinder, rather than being welded to the top. The originals have a tip length of 3-1/4", reproductions from Chrysler and the after market measure 3-1/2". I've owned three unrestored GTXs with the originals, and the difference in the reproductions drives me nuts. In the attached photo, the tip on the right is a correct factory original from 1972. The one on the left is a later run from Chrysler, manufactured in 1982. The Chrysler reproduction has the correct hanger, but the dimensions and contours differ from the originals.
exhaust tips.jpg

Last edited:
This is question is like asking "What starts can't we see in the night sky?".

Biiiillllyun and Biiiillyuuuuns.

Auto Transport Service
Back