• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What should I price my car at?

I agree with PP1RT, $30-40k gets you into a very nice real Road Runner. Right now the 383 hurts it, as it's just a Satellite with a 383 and an A12 hood. If you want to ask that price you need to take it to full A12 clone. Drop in the 440 you mentioned, correct the seats, and finish the A12 badging then you might be in the $40k range. Other wise, unfortunately, it's a $20-25k car. You might find the one person willing to drop that amount on your car, but it is highly unlikely and will take time to find just the right buyer. I do love the car by the way and would drive the mess out of it!

"I was caught in the moment of the auction"
Exactly. There may be another guy mesmerized by the paint. Ask 35K and see what offers you get. You can always go down if time is not a factor.

That being said, I would say 18-22K is what an informed Mopar guy might value it at today.

Beautiful car...good luck!

I agree with PP1RT, $30-40k gets you into a very nice real Road Runner. Right now the 383 hurts it, as it's just a Satellite with a 383 and an A12 hood. If you want to ask that price you need to take it to full A12 clone. Drop in the 440 you mentioned, correct the seats, and finish the A12 badging then you might be in the $40k range. Other wise, unfortunately, it's a $20-25k car. You might find the one person willing to drop that amount on your car, but it is highly unlikely and will take time to find just the right buyer. I do love the car by the way and would drive the mess out of it!

I plan to drive the hell out of it. I just figured since I'm at a 4 day car show/swap meet I'd throw a price on it. The car corral goes around the track at the Charlotte Motor Speedway so there are a lot of cars with insane prices.

I plan to drive the hell out of it. I just figured since I'm at a 4 day car show/swap meet I'd throw a price on it. The car corral goes around the track at the Charlotte Motor Speedway so there are a lot of cars with insane prices.
It never hurts to see. I went to the show last year. Was decent. I haven't been to the spring show in a while but heard it's better and you might have some luck then. I am probably not going to the speedway show this year as I leaning towards going to the Richard Petty cruise in the following weekend.

It never hurts to see. I went to the show last year. Was decent. I haven't been to the spring show in a while but heard it's better and you might have some luck then. I am probably not going to the speedway show this year as I leaning towards going to the Richard Petty cruise in the following weekend.
My brother and I try to go to both Autofairs. We usually drive down from Raleigh Friday morning and leave Sunday. Lot of drinking in between lol

My brother and I try to go to both Autofairs. We usually drive down from Raleigh Friday morning and leave Sunday. Lot of drinking in between lol
I went all the time when I was young. I have family in Charlotte. Our "party" show used to be Carlisle, but I haven't been in several years. Got married, had a kid, working hard, etc....life's been busy.

I would think $25K is about tops for a small block to big block swap car. Once you hit $30K you start competing with original big block cars.

1969 PLYMOUTH SATELLITE 318-230hp (8cyl-2V) AT

MOBILE

#5 #4 #3 #2 #1
2dr Convertible 2950 8125 15725 22725 33825
2dr Hardtop 1275 3950 7500 13100 20875
4dr Sedan 650 1975 3775 6775 10950
4dr Wagon 1000 3600 7475 10750 17850

Add:
383-270hp (8cyl-2V) 20%
383-330hp (8cyl-4V) 30%
Air conditioning 10%
Power windows 3%
Deduct:
225-145hp (6cyl-1V) -15%
3spd manual transmission -10%
Manual steering -5%

This site rates a #1 condition (which we know does not exist outside of a museum) at nearly 21K. Notice a #2 car is valued at 13K.

I think you can add 1/2 of the cost of the engine build by swapping in a well done big block (especially if you have receipts).

Certain other upgrades can also be added to the value (but not at retail cost).

IMO 30K will be tough but could happen to the right buyer.

I agree you can get an RM VIN RR in nearly the same condition for the same price if you shop wisely.

1969 PLYMOUTH SATELLITE 318-230hp (8cyl-2V) AT

MOBILE

#5 #4 #3 #2 #1
2dr Convertible 2950 8125 15725 22725 33825
2dr Hardtop 1275 3950 7500 13100 20875
4dr Sedan 650 1975 3775 6775 10950
4dr Wagon 1000 3600 7475 10750 17850

Add:
383-270hp (8cyl-2V) 20%
383-330hp (8cyl-4V) 30%
Air conditioning 10%
Power windows 3%
Deduct:
225-145hp (6cyl-1V) -15%
3spd manual transmission -10%
Manual steering -5%

This site rates a #1 condition (which we know does not exist outside of a museum) at nearly 21K. Notice a #2 car is valued at 13K.

I think you can add 1/2 of the cost of the engine build by swapping in a well done big block (especially if you have receipts).

Certain other upgrades can also be added to the value (but not at retail cost).

IMO 30K will be tough but could happen to the right buyer.

I agree you can get an RM VIN RR in nearly the same condition for the same price if you shop wisely.

When I was looking every RM in the mid 20's had small paint/rust issues. This one doesn't have any...paint is a 8.5-9 out of due to some paint inferfections. No rust. Plus that R4 bright red sucked me in lol. I told myself I wouldn't pay over $25k but I got a little auction fever and paid $27k plus $1k to ship it here.

Of course now that I bought this I'm seeing RM's in the 20's that are real nice. I didn't buy this one to flip so it's not a big deal.

I'm going to throw a $36k price on it knowing I won't get it. I'm not going to the Autofair to sell it. I just figured since I'm there I'll throw a price on it and if it sells cool, if not no big deal.

I was thinking about a 440 this winter but the more I think about it you can find a nice Gen 3 motor for around 5k. It's not an original car so why not mate up a gen 3 motor to the 727. I know it cost a little more than buying a 440 crate with all the extra stuff that goes into a modern motor transplant but it'd be pretty cool.

She's a nice looking car. I think you can do better than the low end prices guys on the thread are throwing out. I doubt you'll get $36k for it either. My take is it's probably worth about what you paid for it and not really any more. Price it like you said and see what happens. You may get a lot of people just walking by because you're positioned too high. If you really want to sell it I would probably tag it with $30k then negotiate a bit on it. Try to get what you've got in it. These cars are always a wild card as to what they'll go for. Good luck!

Auto Transport Service
Back