• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What song can bring a tear to your eye?

Lots of songs can make me melancholy but none that I can think of has ever made me cry.....but almost!

I lost one of my cousins when he was too young and his daughter and wife played Toby Mac Made to Love at the funeral. I had heard it before, but hearing it that day will be something I will never forget. His wife remarried a man named Phil Voss that loved mopars. Sadly she lost him to. There was a auction in Persia, IA a few months back that sold his b bodies. Maybe someone here knew him or the car.

Screenshot_20231018_224105_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing Grace (bagpipes) played at my dads funeral does it for me....

The two that will not forget , both at funerals. One a close friend and the other a family member.
Landslide- Fleetwood Mac
another was this Skynyrd song that never got much air play.
Coming Home.

Lady Antebellum- Need you now.
Song reminds me of my drinking days and how my wife stuck by my side.

One that was played at a friend's wife's funeral (age 32) ....

another that reminds me of the tragic loss of a great singer....

:(

"Silent Night" as performed by Mannheim Steamroller. Does it every time.

Only one that will bring actual tears to my eyes, and that is TAPS. Yanks the heartstrings every time. I think it brings up memories of everyone lost through the years. Throw in a 21 gun salute and the tears shake loose. Behind the sunglasses of course.

OK, that says "30 persons".

The song says the bell rang "29 times".

Was someone miraculously not on board?
29 crew died on the Edmund Fitzgerald. So for years they rang a bell 29 times, once for each crew member. When Gordon Lightfoot died, they ceremoniously rang the bells again, 29 times for the crew and once for Lightfoot.

Auto Transport Service
Back