• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What song can bring a tear to your eye?

There are tons of good ones on the list here, excellent list. My personal favorite
George Straight : The cowboy rides away, I’ve seen him concert many times , best ending to a killer music man show. No smoke and mirrors just dam good country music.. I like my country with a steel guitar, a big band, twang and talent. I also love the western lifestyle. Chris Ledux has some really good ones too.

Alan Jackson, “When daddy let me drive”. My sister and I were going somewhere and she asked me if I‘d heard it. Within 10 minutes it came on the radio. I actually had to pull over. That song would have been my dads and my theme song. It was two months after losing him. Even had the boat, with a 35 horse. To this day, it still has the ability to make me stop and remember.

There are tons of good ones on the list here, excellent list. My personal favorite
George Straight : The cowboy rides away, I’ve seen him concert many times , best ending to a killer music man show. No smoke and mirrors just dam good country music.. I like my country with a steel guitar, a big band, twang and talent. I also love the western lifestyle. Chris Ledux has some really good ones too.
Sir you nailed both. I’ve seen George quite a few times, never got to see Chris, but he’s one I wish I would have.

If I could have posted a Chris or George clip from my phone I would have.. some of the finest!

I just heard Whiskey Lullaby by Brad Paisley and Alison Krauss, yesterday for the first time in years. Pretty sad song. "Held the bottle to his head, and pulled the trigger."
In a similar vein, "He stopped loving her today." , by George Jones. Both C&W.

Last edited:
Many good ones already mentioned for sure.
Let me throw a curve ball in here - prefaced by my stating as a general rule, I loathe
this band (and most of that 80's pop pablum in general).
That said, the chord progression in this song (yes, along with the lyrics) still hits me
in the feels - it's totally different from anything else they ever did and is still apparently
their most popular song to perform live:

…I really liked Duran Duran and that song "Ordinary World" was great...

That and “Save a prayer” I felt had a similar feel by them. Both pretty powerful songs IMO.

Alan Jackson, “When daddy let me drive”. My sister and I were going somewhere and she asked me if I‘d heard it. Within 10 minutes it came on the radio. I actually had to pull over. That song would have been my dads and my theme song. It was two months after losing him. Even had the boat, with a 35 horse. To this day, it still has the ability to make me stop and remember.
Man, that's a good 'un right there. I had to watch it the moment I saw your post; it's been a while.
Still messes with me, yep.

An old song that was written by John Prine and performed by Bonnie Rait called Angel From Montgomery. Reminds me of my favorite sister Debbie who was killed in a car accident.
John Prine has written a few very powerful songs about life and death.
Gus

Jamie Johnson— many to pick from ! The dollar, we all chase it.

One of my daughters just played, My Old Man, by Zack Brown for me, last night. It reminded me of dad, and she said it reminded her of me. Quite a compliment and an honor!

You're right it's Pearl Jam off the Ten album. There's a STP song that has a effect on me just can't remember it at this moment.
One I think that's been overlooked is The Guess Who and These Eyes.
stp & pearl jam got great tunes , i like the pearl jam un plugged too . yep i listen to guess who also ….

One of my daughters just played, My Old Man, by Zack Brown for me, last night. It reminded me of dad, and she said it reminded her of me. Quite a compliment and an honor!

My daughter too referred me to a song, saying it makes her think of me. Gotta say it choked me the first time I listened. Same title, different artist, different lyrics...

Auto Transport Service
Back