• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What the...

ct71rr

Chad
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:13 AM
Reaction score
Hi all, I recently had my work vehicle detailed by a shop that we have used for many years with zero issues. I get a call from the manager of the shop later in the afternoon after dropping my car off. He tells me that while backing my vehicle out of the shop, the check engine light and a few other warning lights went off and put the vehicle into limp mode. He asks me if I’ve ever had any issues to which I tell him that it is only a year old and never out of my sight. The manager then asks if it’s ok to have my vehicle sent to dealership to get checked/fixed as it is still under warranty. The next day I get a call, apparently the dealership pulled a large black trash bag out of the intake. The also found the air filter to have been bent inside the air box. Maybe related or not, a dead mouse was also found sitting on part of the engine - and a bunch of turds on the driver’s shock tower too. It’s a 2021 Durango 5.7. How the hell did a trash bag get sucked into my intake??!! A mouse all jacked-up on steroids, Factory sabotage, magic?

0C591B40-7612-46E9-93D6-7209DE70705D.jpeg

C17D6A51-FBA7-4548-9A53-EBF9C76B8A23.jpeg

High winds or maybe it was in the road when you drove over it. You could have blinked and missed it.

Regarding the rodent...Who knows. They are crafty little buggers.

I hope you don't get billed for the repairs.....that is starting to sound expensive at Dealer rates to fix.

How in the hell is a trash bag gonna get by the filer first of all. Someone left that thing inside the intake tube after the filter.

A few more pics. The intake for the air box is basically behind the hood. I can’t believe that the bag was sucked in through there. In one of the pics you can see that the air filter looks like it got messed up somehow inside the air box. None of this makes any sense.

0F8E58D8-93B8-4967-8C37-0A6E45F3045F.png

Not my arm :)
CE4A0024-5641-4DF3-B245-D1EFBC177D70.png

0E175DAF-42CD-47F4-805E-D21752CE47BC.png

Careless employee-ist! Detail guy should own up his employee F'd UP. Want to hear how this goes !

Detail guy stuffed a bag in the intake so they didn't spray water into it while detailing. Forgot about it and fired up the vehicle. It got sucked tight against the filter and the engine managed to suck hard enough to pop the filter... end of story..

Last edited:
The only thing I'm sure of is, you didn't drive it there like that!!

Ok so a bag got sucked in the air cleaner.
Time to lawyer up

did you not tip the waitress the other day . sorry that happened not sure how it got pass the air cleaner .
i just found all kinds of **** in my air bow and i cleaned it 3 months ago

here is the **** in the cleaner leaves and house insulation how they got it i dont know
20221106_090223.jpg

Detail guy stuffed a bag in the intake so they didn't spray water into it while detailing. Forgot about it and fired up the vehicle. It got sucked tight against the filter and the engine managed to suck hard enough to pop the filter... end of story..
Totally agree !!

Auto Transport Service
Back